    appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Jane
    Jane, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Jane wrote:

    > I've a friend who is running win2k and has had recent problems with his
    > floppy drive as well as the scanner drivers. The scanner stopped
    > working. He looked at the running processes and discovered something
    > called "Process Deneid" -- spelling correct. He's tried to stop it but
    > it continues to come back. He's pretty meticulous about keeping his AV
    > and spyware blockers up to date. Both of us searched for this "process
    > deneid" and came up with nothing.
    >
    > Does anyone here have any familiarity with this? It would be much
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jane

    Never heard of that but sounds very suspicious...

    Michael
    Michael J. Pelletier, Jun 17, 2005

  3. Jane

    Chuck Guest

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:16:23 -0400, Jane <> wrote:

    >I've a friend who is running win2k and has had recent problems with his
    >floppy drive as well as the scanner drivers. The scanner stopped
    >working. He looked at the running processes and discovered something
    >called "Process Deneid" -- spelling correct. He's tried to stop it but
    >it continues to come back. He's pretty meticulous about keeping his AV
    >and spyware blockers up to date. Both of us searched for this "process
    >deneid" and came up with nothing.
    >
    >Does anyone here have any familiarity with this? It would be much
    >appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Jane

    Can he find the path to the component? Instead of looking in Task Manager, have
    him get Process Explorer (free) from
    <http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml>. He can use that to
    find the full path to the executable module.

    Then submit the module to Jotti and VirusTotal for scanning.
    <http://virusscan.jotti.org/>
    <http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html>

    --
    Cheers,