Procedure to Make Laptop Wireless?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jack Barrett, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Jack Barrett

    Jack Barrett Guest

    My local airport is going wireless and will allow passengers to use there
    internet service in the terminal.
    How do I make my laptop wireless? Steps to accomplish this?

    My laptop is as follows:

    Dell Inspiron 8200
    Windows 2000 OS
    512 Ram
    Pentium 4
    DVD - CD rom
    NIC Card Installed
    Card Slot
    Floppy

    Thanks for the help,

    Jack
    http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

    http://rec-sport-golf.com/?rc=jack
    Jack Barrett, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Jack Barrett

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Duane Arnold, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Jack Barrett wrote:

    > My local airport is going wireless and will allow passengers to use there
    > internet service in the terminal.
    > How do I make my laptop wireless? Steps to accomplish this?
    >
    > My laptop is as follows:
    >
    > Dell Inspiron 8200
    > Windows 2000 OS
    > 512 Ram
    > Pentium 4
    > DVD - CD rom
    > NIC Card Installed
    > Card Slot
    > Floppy
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    >
    > Jack
    > http://windsurf_2.tripod.com
    >
    > http://rec-sport-golf.com/?rc=jack

    Assuming it has a PCMCIA slot (more than likely), you simply need a PCMCIA
    wireless network card, they aren't two dear, maybe about £20 or so.

    Regards

    Contad Diction, Jul 9, 2003