Problems

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TGS, Mar 29, 2007.

  1. TGS

    TGS Guest

    I'm having some problems with my software etc since about eighteen
    months ago when I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from Drinking Mates 4.2
    which I'd used for years without any trouble.

    However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products and
    the only solution was to try and run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound
    turned off. To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is also incompatible
    with several other applications, such as Lads Night Out 3.1, Football
    2 and Playboy 6.1. Successive versions of Girlfriend proved no
    better.

    A shareware beta-programme, Party Girl 2.1 which I tried had many bugs
    and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for
    several weeks. Eventually I tried to run Girlfriend 1.2 and Girlfriend
    1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems
    detected each other they caused severe damage to my hardware.

    Sensing a way out, I then upgraded to Fiancée 1.0 only to discover
    that this product soon had to be upgraded (at great cost)to Wife 1.0,
    which I reluctantly agreed to because, whilst Wife 1.0 tends to use up
    all my available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSex Plus and
    Cleanhouse 2000. Shortly after this upgrade however I then discovered
    that Wife 1.0 can be very unstable and costly to run. For example, any
    mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's memory and
    could not be deleted.

    They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them.
    Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary Explorer and E-mail porn filter,
    and can, without warning, launch Photostrop and Whingezip! These
    latter products have no help files and I have to try and guess what
    the problem is myself.

    Additional costly problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly,
    requiring Shoe Shop Browser for new attachments and also Hairstyle
    Express which needs to be reinstalled every other week. Wife 1.0 also
    spawns unwelcome child processes that also drains my resources. It
    also conflicted with some of the new games I wanted to try, stating
    that they are an illegal operation.

    When Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Audi TT programme it often crashes
    or runs the system dry. Wife 1.0 also has a rather annoying pop-up
    called Mother-in-Law, which can't be turned off. Recently I've
    attempted to try Mistress 2001, but there could be problems, a friend
    has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects the presence of
    Mistress 2001 it tends to delete all my MS Money files before un-
    installing itself.

    Any Ideas ?

    TGS, Mar 29, 2007

  2. TGS

    Rectum Burn Guest

    "TGS" <> said in news:1175153583.490294.91190
    @y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

    <snip>

    > Any Ideas ?

    Yes. Find some new material that hasn't long since lost it's humour.

    Rectum Burrrrrrrrrn

    Rectum Burn, Mar 29, 2007

  3. I disagree with hot arse. Brilliant and thank you for giving me a laugh.

    harold potter, Mar 29, 2007
  4. On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:47:20 +0000, harold potter wrote:

    > I disagree with hot arse. Brilliant and thank you for giving me a laugh.

    It's been around and around and around the 'net for years.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074630°N 117.754195°W
    knotgary at knotdonavan dot org http : // www.donavan.org

    Gary G. Taylor, Mar 29, 2007
  5. TGS

    thanatoid Guest

    "harold potter" <> wrote
    in news:cHNOh.9852$:

    > I disagree with hot arse. Brilliant and thank you for
    > giving me a laugh.

    Me too. It was VERY funny and clever and I have never seen it
    before - did you write it yourself? If so, congratulations.

    thanatoid, Mar 29, 2007
  6. TGS

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:30:26 +0000, thanatoid wrote:

    > "harold potter" <> wrote
    > in news:cHNOh.9852$:
    >
    >> I disagree with hot arse. Brilliant and thank you for
    >> giving me a laugh.

    > Me too. It was VERY funny and clever and I have never seen it
    > before - did you write it yourself? If so, congratulations.

    Can't decide whether your post oozes sarcasm or naivete. :)

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

    Aardvark, Mar 29, 2007
  7. TGS

    thanatoid Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:30:26 +0000, thanatoid wrote:
    >
    >> "harold potter" <>
    >> wrote in news:cHNOh.9852$:
    >>
    >>> I disagree with hot arse. Brilliant and thank you for
    >>> giving me a laugh.

    >> Me too. It was VERY funny and clever and I have never seen
    >> it before - did you write it yourself? If so,
    >> congratulations.

    > Can't decide whether your post oozes sarcasm or naivete.
    > :)

    Naïveté. I don't usually bother with "funny" posts so I have
    never seen that one before.

    thanatoid, Mar 30, 2007