PROBLEMS!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?UyBGb29yZA==?=, Mar 8, 2006.

  1. Hi, Ive recently took the jump to xp x64, the main reason for this is because
    of how quick it deals with large apps. Its on my system and working (in a
    fashion) however none of my software seams to work now, Quark, Corel, Adobe
    and even my security is down.

    Ive been to the sites and tried to look for x64 updates and drivers but with
    no results! Yes I know its my fault and I should have done a little more
    research into compatibility.

    I'm possible going to go back to the 32bit system but I'd like to give this
    a chance to work.

    Any help on this would be very great and suggestions for software that other
    people are using in XP x64 would also help.

    Thanks in advance,

    Sam.
     
    =?Utf-8?B?UyBGb29yZA==?=, Mar 8, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Please, tell us what version you are running. Type [Winver] in a command
    window, or use the 'Run' item in your start menu.


    Tony. . .


    "S Foord" <S > wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, Ive recently took the jump to xp x64, the main reason for this is

    because
    > of how quick it deals with large apps. Its on my system and working (in a
    > fashion) however none of my software seams to work now, Quark, Corel,

    Adobe
    > and even my security is down.
    >
    > Ive been to the sites and tried to look for x64 updates and drivers but

    with
    > no results! Yes I know its my fault and I should have done a little more
    > research into compatibility.
    >
    > I'm possible going to go back to the 32bit system but I'd like to give

    this
    > a chance to work.
    >
    > Any help on this would be very great and suggestions for software that

    other
    > people are using in XP x64 would also help.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Sam.
     
    Tony Sperling, Mar 8, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. I've been running Quark (all versions) Corel Draw 12 suite and the Adobe
    creative suite from the start in 64 bit with no problems other than the lack
    of PDF Printer in Acrobat (easily sidestepped). What doesn't work with these
    programs?


    "Tony Sperling" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Please, tell us what version you are running. Type [Winver] in a command
    > window, or use the 'Run' item in your start menu.
    >
    >
    > Tony. . .
    >
    >
    > "S Foord" <S > wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > Hi, Ive recently took the jump to xp x64, the main reason for this is

    > because
    > > of how quick it deals with large apps. Its on my system and working (in

    a
    > > fashion) however none of my software seams to work now, Quark, Corel,

    > Adobe
    > > and even my security is down.
    > >
    > > Ive been to the sites and tried to look for x64 updates and drivers but

    > with
    > > no results! Yes I know its my fault and I should have done a little more
    > > research into compatibility.
    > >
    > > I'm possible going to go back to the 32bit system but I'd like to give

    > this
    > > a chance to work.
    > >
    > > Any help on this would be very great and suggestions for software that

    > other
    > > people are using in XP x64 would also help.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > >
    > > Sam.

    >
    >
     
    Dennis Gordon, Mar 8, 2006
    #3
  4. I think I've sorted the tempory glitchs!
    I formetted drive & reinstalled x64 and seems to work, might have been a
    conflict from any left overs from xp pro 32?
    Tony, Its Build 5.2 SP1, is there any updates to that?

    Thanks for getting back to me with help,

    Sam.

    "Dennis Gordon" wrote:

    > I've been running Quark (all versions) Corel Draw 12 suite and the Adobe
    > creative suite from the start in 64 bit with no problems other than the lack
    > of PDF Printer in Acrobat (easily sidestepped). What doesn't work with these
    > programs?
    >
    >
    > "Tony Sperling" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > Please, tell us what version you are running. Type [Winver] in a command
    > > window, or use the 'Run' item in your start menu.
    > >
    > >
    > > Tony. . .
    > >
    > >
    > > "S Foord" <S > wrote in message
    > > news:...
    > > > Hi, Ive recently took the jump to xp x64, the main reason for this is

    > > because
    > > > of how quick it deals with large apps. Its on my system and working (in

    > a
    > > > fashion) however none of my software seams to work now, Quark, Corel,

    > > Adobe
    > > > and even my security is down.
    > > >
    > > > Ive been to the sites and tried to look for x64 updates and drivers but

    > > with
    > > > no results! Yes I know its my fault and I should have done a little more
    > > > research into compatibility.
    > > >
    > > > I'm possible going to go back to the 32bit system but I'd like to give

    > > this
    > > > a chance to work.
    > > >
    > > > Any help on this would be very great and suggestions for software that

    > > other
    > > > people are using in XP x64 would also help.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance,
    > > >
    > > > Sam.

    > >
    > >

    >
    >
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?UyBGb29yZA==?=, Mar 8, 2006
    #4
  5. If you didn't format the drive first, that would explain some of your
    problems.

    And yes, that is the current version. There are, however, patches that have
    been released, so please update at Windows Update ASAP.


    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    S Foord wrote:
    > I think I've sorted the tempory glitchs!
    > I formetted drive & reinstalled x64 and seems to work, might have been a
    > conflict from any left overs from xp pro 32?
    > Tony, Its Build 5.2 SP1, is there any updates to that?
    >
    > Thanks for getting back to me with help,
    >
    > Sam.
    >
    > "Dennis Gordon" wrote:
    >
    >> I've been running Quark (all versions) Corel Draw 12 suite and the Adobe
    >> creative suite from the start in 64 bit with no problems other than the
    >> lack of PDF Printer in Acrobat (easily sidestepped). What doesn't work
    >> with these programs?
    >>
    >>
    >> "Tony Sperling" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>> Please, tell us what version you are running. Type [Winver] in a command
    >>> window, or use the 'Run' item in your start menu.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Tony. . .
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> "S Foord" <S > wrote in message
    >>> news:...
    >>>> Hi, Ive recently took the jump to xp x64, the main reason for this is
    >>>> because of how quick it deals with large apps. Its on my system and
    >>>> working (in a fashion) however none of my software seams to work now,
    >>>> Quark, Corel, Adobe and even my security is down.
    >>>>
    >>>> Ive been to the sites and tried to look for x64 updates and drivers
    >>>> but with no results! Yes I know its my fault and I should have done a
    >>>> little more research into compatibility.
    >>>>
    >>>> I'm possible going to go back to the 32bit system but I'd like to give
    >>>> this a chance to work.
    >>>>
    >>>> Any help on this would be very great and suggestions for software that
    >>>> other people are using in XP x64 would also help.
    >>>>
    >>>> Thanks in advance,
    >>>>
    >>>> Sam.
     
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 8, 2006
    #5
  6. =?Utf-8?B?UyBGb29yZA==?=

    Rick Guest

    S Foord wrote:
    > Hi, Ive recently took the jump to xp x64, the main reason for this is because
    > of how quick it deals with large apps. Its on my system and working (in a
    > fashion) however none of my software seams to work now, Quark, Corel, Adobe
    > and even my security is down.
    >
    > Ive been to the sites and tried to look for x64 updates and drivers but with
    > no results! Yes I know its my fault and I should have done a little more
    > research into compatibility.
    >
    > I'm possible going to go back to the 32bit system but I'd like to give this
    > a chance to work.
    >
    > Any help on this would be very great and suggestions for software that other
    > people are using in XP x64 would also help.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Sam.

    Probably the reason your apps do not work is that they are 32bit
    programs. that is the problem with the 64bit OS. It only works with 64
    bit apps.
     
    Rick, Mar 9, 2006
    #6
  7. =?Utf-8?B?UyBGb29yZA==?=

    Jane Colman Guest

    32 bit apps are supported in 64 bit XP. They have their own program folder
    Program Files(x86).

    I have had no issues with most of my 32 bit applications at all. Exept for
    Fireworks which gave me Stop errors.
     
    Jane Colman, Mar 9, 2006
    #7
  8. =?Utf-8?B?UyBGb29yZA==?=

    Graham Guest

    Rick wrote:
    > Probably the reason your apps do not work is that they are 32bit
    > programs. that is the problem with the 64bit OS. It only works with 64
    > bit apps.


    Isn't the 'net wonderful? It gives people the opportunitity to sound
    authoritative about things they actually know nothing about!

    FYI, I'm typing this in 32-bit Mozilla while I have 32-bit iTunes
    playing a radio station, all on XP x64. I also use 32-bit Quicken and
    numerous other 32-bit programs. That's really odd if they don't work,
    don't you think?

    Graham.
     
    Graham, Mar 9, 2006
    #8
  9. That's simply not true.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Rick wrote:
    > S Foord wrote:
    >> Hi, Ive recently took the jump to xp x64, the main reason for this is
    >> because of how quick it deals with large apps. Its on my system and
    >> working (in a fashion) however none of my software seams to work now,
    >> Quark, Corel, Adobe and even my security is down.
    >>
    >> Ive been to the sites and tried to look for x64 updates and drivers but
    >> with no results! Yes I know its my fault and I should have done a little
    >> more research into compatibility.
    >>
    >> I'm possible going to go back to the 32bit system but I'd like to give
    >> this a chance to work.
    >>
    >> Any help on this would be very great and suggestions for software that
    >> other people are using in XP x64 would also help.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >>
    >> Sam.

    > Probably the reason your apps do not work is that they are 32bit
    > programs. that is the problem with the 64bit OS. It only works with 64
    > bit apps.
     
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 9, 2006
    #9
  10. =?Utf-8?B?UyBGb29yZA==?=

    Rick Guest

    Please note that I was not responsible for the ignorant statement below.
    I know better since I have been using Win x64 for over 2 years now.

    Rick <> wrote:
    > Probably the reason your apps do not work is that they are 32bit
    > programs. that is the problem with the 64bit OS. It only works with 64
    > bit apps.
     
    Rick, Mar 9, 2006
    #10
  11. Rick, I think its time you change that name to Rick 64-bit just to be safe
    and reduce confusion. :)
    --
    --
    Andre
    Windows Connect | http://www.windowsconnected.com
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Please note that I was not responsible for the ignorant statement below. I
    > know better since I have been using Win x64 for over 2 years now.
    >
    > Rick <> wrote:
    >> Probably the reason your apps do not work is that they are 32bit
    >> programs. that is the problem with the 64bit OS. It only works with 64
    >> bit apps.
     
    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Mar 9, 2006
    #11
  12. Somehow, I didn't think that was you. Time for a name expansion as Andre
    suggests, I suspect, Rick. Though we knew better, of course. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Rick wrote:
    > Please note that I was not responsible for the ignorant statement below.
    > I know better since I have been using Win x64 for over 2 years now.
    >
    > Rick <> wrote:
    >> Probably the reason your apps do not work is that they are 32bit
    >> programs. that is the problem with the 64bit OS. It only works with 64
    >> bit apps.
     
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 9, 2006
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. bigal

    Problems with PHP again...

    bigal, Aug 24, 2005, in forum: The Lounge
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,449
    bigal
    Aug 24, 2005
  2. RObErT_RaTh

    Initial problems registering

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 24, 2005, in forum: The Lounge
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    1,577
    unholy
    Aug 26, 2005
  3. K.S.Andersen

    Netgear WG614v3 problems

    K.S.Andersen, Jun 19, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    2,493
    K.S.Andersen
    Jun 22, 2004
  4. Harrison Midkiff

    Re: Wireless Problems Using IAS

    Harrison Midkiff, Jun 26, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,347
    peter
    Jun 28, 2004
  5. Harold Potter

    Re: sound problems and modem problems

    Harold Potter, Dec 3, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    776
    Patrick
    Dec 4, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page