problems WUSB12

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Mike H, Jan 19, 2006.

  1. Mike H

    Mike H Guest

    Hi

    I am running win 2k, I have WUSB12 installed. It keeps wiping out the
    WEP key. I can not keep it functioning, functions for awhile, then
    quits. Bad signal strenght, Very hard to switch the LAN connection to
    (available) on. Please advise what I am doing wrong

    TIA

    Mike

    Configuration:

    Infrastructure Mode Acess Point
    SSID Linksysa
    Transfer rate Auto
    Channel 6
    IP DHCP
    WEP Key 64bit

    Mike H, Jan 19, 2006

  2. Hi
    Many of the old 802.11b Cards use to have this trouble with WEP. Might be
    that this is one of the bunch too.

    Depending on your environment might be that MAC filter would protect you
    within reason. Otherwise get a 802.11g card with WPA . Wireless Security -

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 20, 2006