Problems with XP and dotnetfx ! HELP 1

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by penang@catholic.org, Sep 23, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello all !

    I have a computer that only i myself use. There is only one user, no
    other.

    Since the day I had it, everytime I turn the machine on, after it
    boots and all that, it goes straight to the XP desktop for me.

    Just the other day, I downloaded the doenetfx thingys from microsoft
    website, and installed all 3 of them. Then this happens -

    Now, after my computer boots, it goes through the same motion, but
    then it stops at the "Click on your username" screen.

    I find this totally ridiculous. I am the only one user, and on that
    "Click on your username" screen, there is ONLY ONE USER there, yours
    truly.

    Since I am really really lazy, and hate to do that really asinine
    extra click, ladies and gentlemen, here's my question to all of you:

    Is there a way to get rid of that "Click on your username" screen?

    If there is, can you please tell me how to do it?

    Would be extremely grateful for any advice / suggestion.

    Thanks again !

    , Sep 23, 2007

  2. .. Go to the Start Menu and the Run box.
    .. Type in the following:
    control userpasswords2
    .. now click OK
    .. In the new Windows that appears select the account you wish to make the primary logon.
    .. Now uncheck the "Users must enter a username and password..." box.
    .. Hit Apply and a dialog box will appear asking you to confirm the selected users
    password.

    Click OK.
    The changes will work the next time you restart your computer.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231
    How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows

    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/autologon.htm
    Configure Windows XP to Automatically Login

    Add Control UserPasswords2 to the Control Panel (Line 1)

    ====================================
    TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
    ====================================
    How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
    http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

    TaurArian [MS-MVP], Sep 23, 2007

  3. PeeCee Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello all !
    >
    > I have a computer that only i myself use. There is only one user, no
    > other.
    >
    > Since the day I had it, everytime I turn the machine on, after it
    > boots and all that, it goes straight to the XP desktop for me.
    >
    > Just the other day, I downloaded the doenetfx thingys from microsoft
    > website, and installed all 3 of them. Then this happens -
    >
    > Now, after my computer boots, it goes through the same motion, but
    > then it stops at the "Click on your username" screen.
    >
    > I find this totally ridiculous. I am the only one user, and on that
    > "Click on your username" screen, there is ONLY ONE USER there, yours
    > truly.
    >
    > Since I am really really lazy, and hate to do that really asinine
    > extra click, ladies and gentlemen, here's my question to all of you:
    >
    > Is there a way to get rid of that "Click on your username" screen?
    >
    > If there is, can you please tell me how to do it?
    >
    > Would be extremely grateful for any advice / suggestion.
    >
    > Thanks again !

    MS screwed up the Dot Net 1.1 updates.
    Just run several windows updates from all programs and it will eventually
    correct itself.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Sep 23, 2007
  4. Gazwad Guest

    PeeCee <>, the stumpy-leper and tinkly anal assassin who
    likes revolting up the bum adventures with rat snakes, and whose partner
    is a jam-tart with a hulking hairy headache, wrote in
    <fd53kc$ooi$>:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> Hello all !
    >>
    >> I have a computer that only i myself use. There is only one user, no
    >> other.
    >>
    >> Since the day I had it, everytime I turn the machine on, after it
    >> boots and all that, it goes straight to the XP desktop for me.
    >>
    >> Just the other day, I downloaded the doenetfx thingys from microsoft
    >> website, and installed all 3 of them. Then this happens -
    >>
    >> Now, after my computer boots, it goes through the same motion, but
    >> then it stops at the "Click on your username" screen.
    >>
    >> I find this totally ridiculous. I am the only one user, and on that
    >> "Click on your username" screen, there is ONLY ONE USER there, yours
    >> truly.
    >>
    >> Since I am really really lazy, and hate to do that really asinine
    >> extra click, ladies and gentlemen, here's my question to all of you:
    >>
    >> Is there a way to get rid of that "Click on your username" screen?
    >>
    >> If there is, can you please tell me how to do it?
    >>
    >> Would be extremely grateful for any advice / suggestion.
    >>
    >> Thanks again !
    >>

    > MS screwed up the Dot Net 1.1 updates.
    > Just run several windows updates from all programs and it will eventually
    > correct itself.
    >
    > Best
    > Paul.

    You less than useless ****.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Gazwad, Sep 23, 2007
  5. Gazwad Guest

    , the squat-skid-row-bum and impudent drag-princess
    who likes disgustful bonking with donkeys, and whose partner is an old
    bag with a delicate cod canal, wrote in
    <>:
    > Hello all !
    >
    > I have a computer that only i myself use. There is only one user, no
    > other.
    >
    > Since the day I had it, everytime I turn the machine on, after it
    > boots and all that, it goes straight to the XP desktop for me.
    >
    > Just the other day, I downloaded the doenetfx thingys from microsoft
    > website, and installed all 3 of them. Then this happens -
    >
    > Now, after my computer boots, it goes through the same motion, but
    > then it stops at the "Click on your username" screen.
    >
    > I find this totally ridiculous. I am the only one user, and on that
    > "Click on your username" screen, there is ONLY ONE USER there, yours
    > truly.
    >
    > Since I am really really lazy, and hate to do that really asinine
    > extra click, ladies and gentlemen, here's my question to all of you:
    >
    > Is there a way to get rid of that "Click on your username" screen?

    Yes, there is.

    > If there is, can you please tell me how to do it?

    Sure

    > Would be extremely grateful for any advice / suggestion.

    OK

    > Thanks again !

    No worries.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Gazwad, Sep 23, 2007
  6. why? Guest

    On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 22:58:07 -0700, wrote:

    5 group xpost removed.
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,
    24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

    It's not an issue with
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support in any case.

    >Hello all !
    >
    >I have a computer that only i myself use. There is only one user, no
    >other.
    >
    >Since the day I had it, everytime I turn the machine on, after it
    >boots and all that, it goes straight to the XP desktop for me.
    >
    >Just the other day, I downloaded the doenetfx thingys from microsoft
    >website, and installed all 3 of them. Then this happens -
    >
    >Now, after my computer boots, it goes through the same motion, but
    >then it stops at the "Click on your username" screen.
    >
    >I find this totally ridiculous. I am the only one user, and on that

    That's your problem. It's a well known issue you could have found out
    about it and solved it simply with

    www.google.com
    or past posts in 24hshd, it was also asked by someone else in the last
    week,

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Sep 23, 2007
  7. nobody > Guest

    Gazwad wrote:

    > You less than useless ****.

    Have you looked in the mirror lately?

    nobody >, Sep 23, 2007
  8. John Guest

    Go to my Control Panel>User Accounts then delete "Aspnet" as a user.

    John

    John, Sep 23, 2007
  9. Gazwad Guest

    nobody > <>, the hoary-old-pariah and vile anal
    apprentice who likes lecherous jerk off time trials with coon cats, and
    whose partner is a loose-bodied-woman with disappointing flaps, wrote in
    <>:
    > Gazwad wrote:
    >

    >> You less than useless ****.

    > Have you looked in the mirror lately?

    I have no reflection.
    I was about to give the OP the answer too but then I remembered the last
    time pee cee leached an answer to something, he posted it all over place as
    the fix for almost anything.
    The poor OP will have to either ask again but leave out all the groups read
    by pee cee or maybe if he tries twisting my arm I'll tell him but you have
    to be aware that the fuckwit pee cee has buggered it up for everyone.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Gazwad, Sep 23, 2007
  10. why? Guest

    On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:32:58 GMT, John wrote:

    >Go to my Control Panel>User Accounts then delete "Aspnet" as a user.
    >
    >John

    Another top poster, and no snipping.

    Why tell me?

    If the OP does any development work, deleting the account is a bad idea.

    Your no spam attempt fails badly, [at] virgin.net is a valid domain the
    spam [at] only makes the mail servers a the ISP try to deliver mail to
    an account named spam.

    You munge the domain not the email account name.
    or from your ISP
    http://help2.virginmedia.com/help/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_news_troubleshooting_howavoid
    Please make sure that you change the domain part of your address, this
    prevents the spam from clogging up the mail server while it searches for
    the address. Also make sure that the munged domain you have added isn't
    a valid domain.

    why?, Sep 23, 2007
  11. Guest

    Thank you and all for the great advises !

    Thanks again !!

    On Sep 23, 7:06 am, "TaurArian [MS-MVP]"
    <> wrote:
    > . Go to the Start Menu and the Run box.
    > . Type in the following:
    > control userpasswords2
    > . now click OK
    > . In the new Windows that appears select the account you wish to make the primary logon.
    > . Now uncheck the "Users must enter a username and password..." box.
    > . Hit Apply and a dialog box will appear asking you to confirm the selected users
    > password.
    >
    > Click OK.
    > The changes will work the next time you restart your computer.http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231
    > How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows
    >
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/autologon.htm
    > Configure Windows XP to Automatically Login
    >
    > Add Control UserPasswords2 to the Control Panel (Line 1)http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    >
    > --
    > ====================================
    > TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
    > ====================================
    > How to make a good post:http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > Defending your machine:http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

    > <> wrote in message

    > | Hello all !
    > |
    > | I have a computer that only i myself use. There is only one user, no
    > | other.
    > |
    > | Since the day I had it, everytime I turn the machine on, after it
    > | boots and all that, it goes straight to the XP desktop for me.
    > |
    > | Just the other day, I downloaded the doenetfx thingys from microsoft
    > | website, and installed all 3 of them. Then this happens -
    > |
    > | Now, after my computer boots, it goes through the same motion, but
    > | then it stops at the "Click on your username" screen.
    > |
    > | I find this totally ridiculous. I am the only one user, and on that
    > | "Click on your username" screen, there is ONLY ONE USER there, yours
    > | truly.
    > |
    > | Since I am really really lazy, and hate to do that really asinine
    > | extra click, ladies and gentlemen, here's my question to all of you:
    > |
    > | Is there a way to get rid of that "Click on your username" screen?
    > |
    > | If there is, can you please tell me how to do it?
    > |
    > | Would be extremely grateful for any advice / suggestion.
    > |
    > | Thanks again !

    , Sep 24, 2007