    It is probably something very simple and obvious but hey i can't get it to
    work. i have gone thro all the wizards with no joy.
    if some one could help that would be great.
    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZSBhbGxhbg==?=, May 11, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZSBhbGxhbg==?=

    Malke Guest

    dave allan wrote:

    > I have a new laptop with a centino processor. It connects to my
    > broadband no problem with the cable to modem/router(voyager 2100).
    > However i cannot get the laptop to recognise a signal from the
    > wireless router.Isays to make sure the wireless is switched on in the
    > laptop (???). It is as if it is not even there.
    > It is probably something very simple and obvious but hey i can't get
    > it to work. i have gone thro all the wizards with no joy.
    > if some one could help that would be great.

    Newer laptops have a switch or button or key combo (FN + some key) to
    turn on/off the wireless. Look carefully at your laptop to find that
    switch or button and turn it on. Read the manual.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, May 12, 2005

  3. I also had a similar problem with wireless card in an IBM thinkpad. I
    originally thought the wireless was defective but after replacing the card
    found an OEM driver update from IBM resolved the issue in the end. IBM has
    proprietary drivers for the laptop (similar to Ms Windows update) which
    enabled a feature for the wireless Radio signal.
    May be worth a try on the Vendor website to check for all updates for your
    model laptop.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=, May 12, 2005
  4. well i have got the laptop to recognise the router now, great. However it
    shows that i am connected and it is to my isp. It will not let me browse the
    net. i have had a wander around the settings but do not want to alter
    something that i basically have no idea what may happen.
    It says the usual thing such as check your connection. Anyone able to tell
    me how to get the laptop to use this new connection and to let me browse the
    net.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZSBhbGxhbg==?=, May 12, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZSBhbGxhbg==?=

    Malke Guest

    dave allan wrote:

    > well i have got the laptop to recognise the router now, great. However
    > it shows that i am connected and it is to my isp. It will not let me
    > browse the net. i have had a wander around the settings but do not
    > want to alter something that i basically have no idea what may happen.
    > It says the usual thing such as check your connection. Anyone able to
    > tell me how to get the laptop to use this new connection and to let me
    > browse the net.

    It sounds from here that you haven't got the connection set up properly
    in terms of encryption, etc. Here are links to help you:

    Wireless - Basic Configuration -
    Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

    Malke
    Malke, May 13, 2005