    these, I get problems. And I'm talking about on more than just one
    machine. I'm really curious about this because they are an important
    piece of privacy ware.
    Kulin Remailer, Sep 16, 2009

  2. Kulin Remailer

    1PW Guest

    Kulin Remailer wrote:
    > Has anyone else found they had software problems after using Eraser or
    > other erasers to clean free space? It seems every time I use one of
    > these, I get problems. And I'm talking about on more than just one
    > machine. I'm really curious about this because they are an important
    > piece of privacy ware.

    The "Eraser" project itself is quite fluid.

    What was the version of Eraser that resulted in trouble(s) and exactly
    what OSs have you used Eraser on where trouble was noted?

    What are the "other erasers" you have used and what were their problems?

    --
    1PW
    1PW, Sep 16, 2009

  3. On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 23:01:12 -0700, 1PW <> wrote:

    > Kulin Remailer wrote: Has anyone else found
    > they had software problems after using Eraser
    > or other erasers to clean free space? It seems
    > every time I use one of these, I get problems.
    > And I'm talking about on more than just one
    > machine. I'm really curious about this because
    > they are an important piece of privacy ware.
    >
    > The "Eraser" project itself is quite fluid.
    >
    > What was the version of Eraser that resulted in
    > trouble(s) and exactly what OSs have you used
    > Eraser on where trouble was noted?
    >
    > What are the "other erasers" you have used and
    > what were their problems?

    This was all in the past. I no longer will touch
    any eraser program for wiping free space. I have
    had it happen with Eraser itself and other eraser
    programs. It happened in Win 98 and XP.

    I don't remember all the details at this time. I
    was merely asking out of curiosity to see if
    others have experienced this same problem.

    Every time, after using any eraser program, I
    would immediately start having problems with some
    software or other. And I mean *immediately*
    afterwards. I find it rather inconceivable that
    I'm the only one that has had this experience.

    Or, am I jinxed?
    Non scrivetemi, Sep 16, 2009
  4. Kulin Remailer

    1PW Guest

    Non scrivetemi wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 23:01:12 -0700, 1PW <> wrote:
    >> Kulin Remailer wrote: Has anyone else found
    >> they had software problems after using Eraser
    >> or other erasers to clean free space? It seems
    >> every time I use one of these, I get problems.
    >> And I'm talking about on more than just one
    >> machine. I'm really curious about this because
    >> they are an important piece of privacy ware.
    >>
    >> The "Eraser" project itself is quite fluid.
    >>
    >> What was the version of Eraser that resulted in
    >> trouble(s) and exactly what OSs have you used
    >> Eraser on where trouble was noted?
    >>
    >> What are the "other erasers" you have used and
    >> what were their problems?

    > This was all in the past. I no longer will touch
    > any eraser program for wiping free space. I have
    > had it happen with Eraser itself and other eraser
    > programs. It happened in Win 98 and XP.
    >
    > I don't remember all the details at this time. I
    > was merely asking out of curiosity to see if
    > others have experienced this same problem.
    >
    > Every time, after using any eraser program, I
    > would immediately start having problems with some
    > software or other. And I mean *immediately*
    > afterwards. I find it rather inconceivable that
    > I'm the only one that has had this experience.
    >
    > Or, am I jinxed?

    I've been using CCleaner & so far I'm not seeing trouble.

    Specifics would be best to troubleshoot this though.

    --
    1PW
    1PW, Sep 16, 2009