Problems with TV/video sequences burnt to DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_R=FCsenberg?=, Feb 3, 2007.

  1. Hi folks,

    after several attempts with video recording and burning to DVD there
    are problems left.
    Why not ask the community about similar experiences ?

    I use a PC with Windows XP MCE operating system to record TV
    broadcasts via PC card.
    The digital signals are taken from the German "DVB-T" - via
    Windows Media Center - and written to files with an extension
    ".dvr-ms" . After recording, playing these data with Windows Media
    player is fine.

    After this, I have to "transcode" these data.

    When I try to do this with Nero Vision Express, the program tells me -
    in German language - that transcoding of video files has failed.
    There seems to be no chance to correct this behaviour;

    When I use Cyber Link Power Producer Express a file with extension
    ".mpg" is built.
    Using this file to burn a DVD and play it afterwards, I see the
    following - depending on the software I use to play it:
    EITHER
    i) the film itself (the video signals or frames) seems to be played
    correctly, but the corresponding sound is wrong: the whole story is
    told at the speed of light within the first seconds (which results in
    a terrible noise!), and after this it is very silent for the rest
    of the evening !!
    OR
    ii) the film with sound is played within seconds. In this case there
    is plenty of time left so spend this evening - why not, for example,
    look for another film to record to my huge disk ?

    That's it!

    Does anybody know about a similar problem to be observed with a
    configuration like mine?
    Is there any solution to this problem?

    Are there any problems with the "frames" ?

    Any parameters to be set?
    Take another software?
    Any hardware problems known to be the cause of what happens?
    Or better take another PC user ;-) ?

    Thank you!
    Michael
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_R=FCsenberg?=, Feb 3, 2007