Problems with TV/video sequences burnt to DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_R=FCsenberg?=, Feb 3, 2007.

  1. Hi folks,

    after several attempts with video recording and burning to DVD there
    are problems left.
    Why not ask the community about similar experiences ?

    I use a PC with Windows XP MCE operating system to record TV
    broadcasts via PC card.
    The digital signals are taken from the German "DVB-T" - via
    Windows Media Center - and written to files with an extension
    ".dvr-ms" . After recording, playing these data with Windows Media
    player is fine.

    After this, I have to "transcode" these data.

    When I try to do this with Nero Vision Express, the program tells me -
    in German language - that transcoding of video files has failed.
    There seems to be no chance to correct this behaviour;

    When I use Cyber Link Power Producer Express a file with extension
    ".mpg" is built.
    Using this file to burn a DVD and play it afterwards, I see the
    following - depending on the software I use to play it:
    EITHER
    i) the film itself (the video signals or frames) seems to be played
    correctly, but the corresponding sound is wrong: the whole story is
    told at the speed of light within the first seconds (which results in
    a terrible noise!), and after this it is very silent for the rest
    of the evening !!
    OR
    ii) the film with sound is played within seconds. In this case there
    is plenty of time left so spend this evening - why not, for example,
    look for another film to record to my huge disk ?

    That's it!

    Does anybody know about a similar problem to be observed with a
    configuration like mine?
    Is there any solution to this problem?

    Are there any problems with the "frames" ?

    Any parameters to be set?
    Take another software?
    Any hardware problems known to be the cause of what happens?
    Or better take another PC user ;-) ?

    Thank you

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_R=FCsenberg?=, Feb 3, 2007

  2. "Michael Rüsenberg" <> wrote in message

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > after several attempts with video recording and burning to DVD there
    > are problems left.
    > Why not ask the community about similar experiences ?
    >
    > I use a PC with Windows XP MCE operating system to record TV
    > broadcasts via PC card.
    > The digital signals are taken from the German "DVB-T" - via
    > Windows Media Center - and written to files with an extension
    > ".dvr-ms" . After recording, playing these data with Windows Media
    > player is fine.
    >
    > After this, I have to "transcode" these data.
    >
    > When I try to do this with Nero Vision Express, the program tells me -
    > in German language - that transcoding of video files has failed.
    > There seems to be no chance to correct this behaviour;
    >
    > When I use Cyber Link Power Producer Express a file with extension
    > ".mpg" is built.
    > Using this file to burn a DVD and play it afterwards, I see the
    > following - depending on the software I use to play it:
    > EITHER
    > i) the film itself (the video signals or frames) seems to be played
    > correctly, but the corresponding sound is wrong: the whole story is
    > told at the speed of light within the first seconds (which results in
    > a terrible noise!), and after this it is very silent for the rest
    > of the evening !!
    > OR
    > ii) the film with sound is played within seconds. In this case there
    > is plenty of time left so spend this evening - why not, for example,
    > look for another film to record to my huge disk ?
    >
    > That's it!
    >
    > Does anybody know about a similar problem to be observed with a
    > configuration like mine?
    > Is there any solution to this problem?
    >
    > Are there any problems with the "frames" ?
    >
    > Any parameters to be set?
    > Take another software?
    > Any hardware problems known to be the cause of what happens?
    > Or better take another PC user ;-) ?
    >
    > Thank you

    ".dvr-ms" is MPG2 in a M$ wrapper file. I use dvr2mpg to unwrap them. no
    problems. google for it. Its free.

    Captain Midnight, Feb 3, 2007

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_R=FCsenberg?=

    Ken Maltby Guest

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > after several attempts with video recording and burning to DVD there
    > are problems left.
    > Why not ask the community about similar experiences ?
    >
    > I use a PC with Windows XP MCE operating system to record TV
    > broadcasts via PC card.
    > The digital signals are taken from the German "DVB-T" - via
    > Windows Media Center - and written to files with an extension
    > ".dvr-ms" . After recording, playing these data with Windows Media
    > player is fine.
    >
    > After this, I have to "transcode" these data.
    >
    > When I try to do this with Nero Vision Express, the program tells me -
    > in German language - that transcoding of video files has failed.
    > There seems to be no chance to correct this behaviour;
    >
    > When I use Cyber Link Power Producer Express a file with extension
    > ".mpg" is built.
    > Using this file to burn a DVD and play it afterwards, I see the
    > following - depending on the software I use to play it:
    > EITHER
    > i) the film itself (the video signals or frames) seems to be played
    > correctly, but the corresponding sound is wrong: the whole story is
    > told at the speed of light within the first seconds (which results in
    > a terrible noise!), and after this it is very silent for the rest
    > of the evening !!
    > OR
    > ii) the film with sound is played within seconds. In this case there
    > is plenty of time left so spend this evening - why not, for example,
    > look for another film to record to my huge disk ?
    >
    > That's it!
    >
    > Does anybody know about a similar problem to be observed with a
    > configuration like mine?
    > Is there any solution to this problem?
    >
    > Are there any problems with the "frames" ?
    >
    > Any parameters to be set?
    > Take another software?
    > Any hardware problems known to be the cause of what happens?
    > Or better take another PC user ;-) ?
    >
    > Thank you

    Try running it through www.VideoReDo.com it can read and
    output in a number of MPEG flavors, including DVR-MS. Just
    output as the form of MPEG your DVD authoring program
    requires.

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Feb 3, 2007
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_R=FCsenberg?=

    SoCalCommie Guest

    "Try running it through www.VideoReDo.com ..." It's not free (15 day trial
    version available), but it's quick and does a pretty good job of
    automatically editing out commercials (at least in the US).

    TTUL... John

    SoCalCommie, Feb 3, 2007
  5. Hi Captain,

    thank you for your tips on conversion from DVR-MS to MPG.
    I have tried to carry out the transcoding by using the free software
    DVR2MPG.

    Result: Immediately after starting the process fails with a message
    "Unable to create filter 'ATI MPEG multiplexer'! "
    Difficult? Bad source file?
    I would like to mention that this occurs with the .dvr-ms file which
    is taken from TV and which can be played with the Media player without
    problems.

    Thanks,
    Michael

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_R=FCsenberg?=, Feb 5, 2007
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_R=FCsenberg?=

    Ken Maltby Guest

    > Hi Captain,
    >
    > thank you for your tips on conversion from DVR-MS to MPG.
    > I have tried to carry out the transcoding by using the free software
    > DVR2MPG.
    >
    > Result: Immediately after starting the process fails with a message
    > "Unable to create filter 'ATI MPEG multiplexer'! "
    > Difficult? Bad source file?
    > I would like to mention that this occurs with the .dvr-ms file which
    > is taken from TV and which can be played with the Media player without
    > problems.
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Michael

    Just Google 'ATI MPEG multiplexer'
    Basically, you just download and install the ATI
    AvivoXCode program. (You might try and find the
    1.12 (Hacked) version if you want to try the very
    high speed Cobra Encoder, as well as use the
    multiplexer filter.)

    You should get aquatinted with GraphEdit, as well.
    It's a free download.

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Feb 5, 2007
  7. "Michael Rüsenberg" <> wrote in message

    > "Captain Midnight" <> schrieb:
    >
    > >"Michael Rüsenberg" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Hi folks,
    > >>
    > >> after several attempts with video recording and burning to DVD there
    > >> are problems left.
    > >> Why not ask the community about similar experiences ?
    > >>
    > >> I use a PC with Windows XP MCE operating system to record TV
    > >> broadcasts via PC card.
    > >> The digital signals are taken from the German "DVB-T" - via
    > >> Windows Media Center - and written to files with an extension
    > >> ".dvr-ms" . After recording, playing these data with Windows Media
    > >> player is fine.
    > >>
    > >> After this, I have to "transcode" these data.
    > >>
    > >> When I try to do this with Nero Vision Express, the program tells me -
    > >> in German language - that transcoding of video files has failed.
    > >> There seems to be no chance to correct this behaviour;
    > >>
    > >> When I use Cyber Link Power Producer Express a file with extension
    > >> ".mpg" is built.
    > >> Using this file to burn a DVD and play it afterwards, I see the
    > >> following - depending on the software I use to play it:
    > >> EITHER
    > >> i) the film itself (the video signals or frames) seems to be played
    > >> correctly, but the corresponding sound is wrong: the whole story is
    > >> told at the speed of light within the first seconds (which results in
    > >> a terrible noise!), and after this it is very silent for the rest
    > >> of the evening !!
    > >> OR
    > >> ii) the film with sound is played within seconds. In this case there
    > >> is plenty of time left so spend this evening - why not, for example,
    > >> look for another film to record to my huge disk ?
    > >>
    > >> That's it!
    > >>
    > >> Does anybody know about a similar problem to be observed with a
    > >> configuration like mine?
    > >> Is there any solution to this problem?
    > >>
    > >> Are there any problems with the "frames" ?
    > >>
    > >> Any parameters to be set?
    > >> Take another software?
    > >> Any hardware problems known to be the cause of what happens?
    > >> Or better take another PC user ;-) ?
    > >>
    > >> Thank you

    > >".dvr-ms" is MPG2 in a M$ wrapper file. I use dvr2mpg to unwrap them. no
    > >problems. google for it. Its free.
    > >

    > Hi Captain,
    >
    > thank you for your tips on conversion from DVR-MS to MPG.
    > I have tried to carry out the transcoding by using the free software
    > DVR2MPG.
    >
    > Result: Immediately after starting the process fails with a message
    > "Unable to create filter 'ATI MPEG multiplexer'! "
    > Difficult? Bad source file?
    > I would like to mention that this occurs with the .dvr-ms file which
    > is taken from TV and which can be played with the Media player without
    > problems.
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Michael

    Look at the ReadMe.txt that came with dvr2mpg. Appears to be tied to the
    "MPEG Program Stream (ATI Filters) - This profile uses filters installed
    with the ATI HDTV WONDER drivers" or "MPEG Transport Stream (Elecard
    Filters)". Whatever that is. I'm using an HDTV WONDER on XP.

    Google http://www.avsforum.com for dvr2mpg to get more information on it.

    Captain Midnight, Feb 5, 2007