    timeout errors several times before the download is complete.

    Sincerely,

    James Sims

    Jim Sims, Mar 9, 2006

  2. Jim Sims

    Miller Guest

    *Jim Sims* wrote on 09.03.06 23:13:
    > [..snip..] I also am
    > encountering frequent timeout errors - mail downloads encounter
    > timeout errors several times before the download is complete.

    Maybe you could check Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Tab "General"
    -> Config Editor. Filter for "timeout". There are around seven entries.
    Setting one (or more) to a higher value could help you out; but i don't
    know exactly *which* one. ;-)
    Could be something like "mail.server.serverX.timeout"?

    bye, Miller

    Miller, Mar 9, 2006

    Hendrik Maryns, Mar 10, 2006
  4. Jim Sims

    Jim Sims Guest

    On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:23:01 +0100, Hendrik Maryns
    <> wrote:

    >NotDashEscaped: You need GnuPG to verify this message
    >
    >Miller schreef:
    >> *Jim Sims* wrote on 09.03.06 23:13:
    >>> [..snip..] I also am
    >>> encountering frequent timeout errors - mail downloads encounter
    >>> timeout errors several times before the download is complete.

    >> Maybe you could check Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Tab "General"
    >> -> Config Editor. Filter for "timeout". There are around seven entries.
    >> Setting one (or more) to a higher value could help you out; but i don't
    >> know exactly *which* one. ;-)
    >> Could be something like "mail.server.serverX.timeout"?

    >Or maybe first check whether you connection is alright. This sounds
    >like something that has nothing to do with any mail program.
    >
    >H.

    Test messages in Outlook Express go through OK with very large
    attachments. I can send plain text messages OK in Thunderbird but
    replies and, forwarding and sending attachments encounter an error
    message: "The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP
    server SMTP.knology.net failed..."

    I have checked the settings and they are exactly the same as those
    entered into the OE account.

    The previous version of TB was 1.0.7. Is there a source for
    downloading this version?

    Thanks,

    Jim

    Jim Sims, Mar 11, 2006
  5. Jim Sims

    Miller Guest

    *Jim Sims* wrote on 11.03.06 21:43:

    > Test messages in Outlook Express go through OK with very large
    > attachments. I can send plain text messages OK in Thunderbird but
    > replies and, forwarding and sending attachments encounter an error
    > message: "The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP
    > server SMTP.knology.net failed..."

    Hm, strange.

    > I have checked the settings and they are exactly the same as those
    > entered into the OE account.

    You're sure, your outgoing Server(s) and Identities are set correctly
    in TB-Options?

    > The previous version of TB was 1.0.7. Is there a source for
    > downloading this version?

    Don't know. I've still got a copy of it on my HD.
    Drop me a line and i'll mail it to you.

    bye, Miller

    Miller, Mar 11, 2006
  6. Jim Sims

    Jim Sims Guest

    On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 00:39:04 +0100, Miller <>
    wrote:

    >*Jim Sims* wrote on 11.03.06 21:43:
    >
    >> Test messages in Outlook Express go through OK with very large
    >> attachments. I can send plain text messages OK in Thunderbird but
    >> replies and, forwarding and sending attachments encounter an error
    >> message: "The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP
    >> server SMTP.knology.net failed..."

    >Hm, strange.
    >
    >> I have checked the settings and they are exactly the same as those
    >> entered into the OE account.

    >You're sure, your outgoing Server(s) and Identities are set correctly
    >in TB-Options?
    >
    >> The previous version of TB was 1.0.7. Is there a source for
    >> downloading this version?

    >Don't know. I've still got a copy of it on my HD.
    >Drop me a line and i'll mail it to you.
    >
    >bye, Miller

    Thanks, Miller. I found it on the Mozilla Thunderbird site.

    Jim

    Jim Sims, Mar 16, 2006