    the plugin but can't find it. Of course, it works fine with IE7 Beta.
    How can I find the plugin for Firefox? Thanks.

    Riderhood

    bgregg, Jun 3, 2006

  2. bgregg

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 11:32:05 -0400, in message <>,
    bgregg wrote:

    > On some sites , such as CNN.com, I am instructed to install a plug-in to
    > access the content, but when I click on the bar, Firefox searches for
    > the plugin but can't find it.

    I don't see the same as you do.

    A. I go to http://cnn.com/
    B. So far, no instruction to install a plug-in.
    C. I click on one of the video links in "Latest News".
    D. A pop-up window appears which says "The CNN.com video experience
    is optimized for Windows media Player 9 or above". There is a
    button image labelled "GET THE PLAYER", with a link to
    http://www.windowsmedia.com/download . But there is no bar.
    E. I click the button image, and a Firefox browser window opens at
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx
    From here I can download the Windows Media Player 9 installer.

    You may want to read here: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html#WMP

    > Of course, it works fine with IE7 Beta.
    > How can I find the plugin for Firefox? Thanks.

    Got an exact URL where you see that bar which you wrote of?

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."

    Ralph Fox, Jun 3, 2006

  3. bgregg

    bgregg Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:
    > On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 11:32:05 -0400, in message <>,
    > bgregg wrote:
    >
    >> On some sites , such as CNN.com, I am instructed to install a plug-in to
    >> access the content, but when I click on the bar, Firefox searches for
    >> the plugin but can't find it.

    > I don't see the same as you do.
    >
    > A. I go to http://cnn.com/
    > B. So far, no instruction to install a plug-in.
    > C. I click on one of the video links in "Latest News".
    > D. A pop-up window appears which says "The CNN.com video experience
    > is optimized for Windows media Player 9 or above". There is a
    > button image labelled "GET THE PLAYER", with a link to
    > http://www.windowsmedia.com/download . But there is no bar.
    > E. I click the button image, and a Firefox browser window opens at
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx
    > From here I can download the Windows Media Player 9 installer.
    >
    > You may want to read here: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html#WMP
    >

    >> Of course, it works fine with IE7 Beta.
    >> How can I find the plugin for Firefox? Thanks.

    > Got an exact URL where you see that bar which you wrote of?
    >
    >> Riderhood

    I tried the CNN site again, and now it does work. I really I was
    getting the "can't find plug-in" on some other sites. I'll check it out
    carefully on my next try. Thanks for your help.

    Riderhood

    bgregg, Jun 3, 2006