Problems with Searching in Yahoo

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Docknet, Jun 9, 2004.

  1. Docknet

    Docknet Guest

    I am having a strange issue with Yahoo. I can load the home page and view
    different categories but I time out when I try to search, access help and
    try to play games. I am able to search with Google, MSN and do not have
    problems accessing other web sites. I have searched the web trying to find
    a solution to this. So far I have done the following:

    Updated my virus protection and did a complete system scan - No virus
    Updated Search & Destroy Spybot and ran a complete scan - No Adware found
    Deleted or renamed all the host files in my system
    Emptied my temp internet files and cleared all cache
    Installed a Netscape
    Did a system restore from when I think it started - at least a month ago
    Ran FixQhosts from Symantec thinking I had a Trojan virus - Non found
    I tried to ping help.yahoo.com from the c prompt ---- Timed out

    I am running Window XP Pro with all the current patches and updates with the
    latest versions of Netscape and Explorer. I am on a static DSL connection
    with a linksys router.

    Any help would be great

    Docknet, Jun 9, 2004