    I will try it tomorrow again, if the unit is cold again.

    Thankyou for your help!

    Wolf

    Wolfgang Sterta, Dec 31, 2003

  2. On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 20:07:01 +0100, Wolfgang Sterta
    <> wrote:

    >Hello friends!
    >
    >Today, I bied a brandnew PHILIPS DVDR70. It worked very well, and I
    >recorded some films on a DVD+R. I could also see films on bied DVDs.
    >
    >But suddenly, the recorder doesn´t accept DVD+Rs. If I put a new DVD+R
    >on the tray, it shuts the tray, reads 2-3 seconds and opens the tray. it
    >doesn´t shows anything. It cannot read new DVD+R . But it can show
    >cinema DVDs. That´s no problem. He cannot read only DVD+R.No new ones
    >and not the DVD, on which I recorded my films.

    Probably not what you're wanting to hear, but this is indicative of an
    inherent design fault with the Philips recorders. We've had all three
    of our DVDR-series recorders here fail within a year - and they are
    only getting moderate use. The last one was a DVDR-70 and it failed in
    exactly the way you describe in less than five months.

    They've all been repaired under warranty, but there's no way we'll be
    ever buying Philips recorders again.

    Steve

    The Doctor Who Restoration Team Website
    http://www.restoration-team.co.uk

    Steve Roberts, Dec 31, 2003

  3. Wolfgang Sterta

    freddyboy Guest

    I agree completely with what you say. I have just purchased a DVDR75 as a
    replacement for my faulty DVDR880 and if this unit fails too I will be
    jumping ship to another manufacturer.
    Fred

    freddyboy, Dec 31, 2003