Problems with Paradise cable Tuesday 10 May 08am?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mauricio Freitas, May 9, 2005.

  1. Mauricio Freitas, May 9, 2005

  2. Never mind... Asked to reboot the machine and it is working now... Strange

    (I am in Queenstown and using GoToMyPc to access the home computer... Tried
    reboot after that and it froze... Arghhh. Lucky wife's at home, so she hit
    the reset button)

    http://www.geekzone.co.nz

    Mauricio Freitas, May 9, 2005

  3. In article <427fc6b0$>, lid
    says...
    > Anyone else experienceing problems with access to web servers this morning?
    >
    > NNTP and e-mail are working ok

    hmm I'm having an odd problem with their e-mail server - every so many
    times Eudora checks for new mail it gives an error message and refuses
    connection, then the next time it works ok and so on.

    Kerry Ferrand, May 9, 2005
  4. "Kerry Ferrand" <> wrote in message
    > In article <427fc6b0$>, lid
    > says...
    >> Anyone else experienceing problems with access to web servers this
    >> morning?
    >>
    >> NNTP and e-mail are working ok
    >>

    > hmm I'm having an odd problem with their e-mail server - every so many
    > times Eudora checks for new mail it gives an error message and refuses
    > connection, then the next time it works ok and so on.

    My wife complained of the same thing - sometimes on her iMac, sometimes on
    her Smartphone. I don't see this because I get everything from the POP
    server and dump into my Exchange server. I will have to do the same for her
    account, so she'll be shielded from this problem.

    http://www.geekzone.co.nz

    Mauricio Freitas, May 10, 2005