Problems with Page Up, Page Down, and Copy

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by News Reader, May 11, 2004.

  1. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    I'm using Mozilla 1.6 on Windows 98SE.

    I view news groups using Google Groups. Occasionally, when viewing a
    thread the page up, page down, home, and end keys do not work. The
    scroll button does work but not the others. If I highlight some words
    and do select Edit, the Copy feature is not selectable. Right now,
    the arrow keys do not work in this message box.

    If I close Mozilla and reopen it, the above mentioned keys will
    function, at least for a short while.

    No changes in software on my machine lately,

    Any ideas what might be causing these problems and how to fix them
    without having to close Mozilla?

    Thanks for any help.

    News Reader, May 11, 2004

  2. News Reader

    Moz Champion Guest

    News Reader wrote:

    > I'm using Mozilla 1.6 on Windows 98SE.
    >
    > I view news groups using Google Groups. Occasionally, when viewing a
    > thread the page up, page down, home, and end keys do not work. The
    > scroll button does work but not the others. If I highlight some words
    > and do select Edit, the Copy feature is not selectable. Right now,
    > the arrow keys do not work in this message box.
    >
    > If I close Mozilla and reopen it, the above mentioned keys will
    > function, at least for a short while.
    >
    > No changes in software on my machine lately,
    >
    > Any ideas what might be causing these problems and how to fix them
    > without having to close Mozilla?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    Exactly what do you mean by 'using Google Groups'?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, May 12, 2004

  3. News Reader

    Pun Krocker Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/yweyt

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-

    Pun Krocker, May 12, 2004
  4. News Reader writes:

    > I'm using Mozilla 1.6 on Windows 98SE.
    >
    > I view news groups using Google Groups. Occasionally, when viewing a
    > thread the page up, page down, home, and end keys do not work. The
    > scroll button does work but not the others. If I highlight some words
    > and do select Edit, the Copy feature is not selectable. Right now,
    > the arrow keys do not work in this message box.
    >
    > If I close Mozilla and reopen it, the above mentioned keys will
    > function, at least for a short while.
    >
    > No changes in software on my machine lately,
    >
    > Any ideas what might be causing these problems and how to fix them
    > without having to close Mozilla?

    First, left-click once in the right-most pane to give it the focus and
    then the page up, page down, home and end keys should work as expected.

    --
    Good judgment comes from experience.
    Experience comes from bad judgment.

    Caffeine Junkie, May 12, 2004
  5. News Reader

    Moz Champion Guest

    Moz Champion, May 12, 2004
  6. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Caffeine Junkie <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > News Reader writes:
    >
    > > I'm using Mozilla 1.6 on Windows 98SE.
    > >
    > > I view news groups using Google Groups. Occasionally, when viewing a
    > > thread the page up, page down, home, and end keys do not work. The
    > > scroll button does work but not the others. If I highlight some words
    > > and do select Edit, the Copy feature is not selectable. Right now,
    > > the arrow keys do not work in this message box.
    > >
    > > If I close Mozilla and reopen it, the above mentioned keys will
    > > function, at least for a short while.
    > >
    > > No changes in software on my machine lately,
    > >
    > > Any ideas what might be causing these problems and how to fix them
    > > without having to close Mozilla?

    > First, left-click once in the right-most pane to give it the focus and
    > then the page up, page down, home and end keys should work as expected.

    Thanks, but that doesn't solve the problem.

    News Reader, May 12, 2004