    but nothing happens.

    Please, what should I do?

    Liv in Norway

    Liv Nordset, Jun 3, 2007

  2. Liv Nordset

    Jerry G. Guest

    You should call your service provider. The fault may be on their end.

    --

    Jerry G.

    "Liv Nordset" <> wrote in message
    It is some time since I used the newsgroups I have subscribed to and
    now,
    when I want to read and post to them, the latest messages are not
    downloaded. I only get messages from 2 and 3 years back, probably from
    when
    I used them the last time. And my new messages do not appear in the
    newsgroup.

    I have tried to unsubscribe and download all the newsgroups again, but
    the
    downloading stops at about 31000 messages. Then the programme does not
    answer anymore, I can't stop the downloading and and I have to turn off
    my
    computer.
    I have tried to click "Synchronize" and "Download the next 300
    messages",
    but nothing happens.

    Please, what should I do?

    Liv in Norway

    Jerry G., Jun 3, 2007

  3. Liv Nordset

    Ben Myers Guest

    If you are using Outlook Express, right-click one of the problem groups ,
    select "Properties", "Local File", then "Reset". Click "OK", change to a
    different group, then back to the problem group.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Jun 3, 2007
  4. Liv Nordset

    Liv Nordset Guest

    Thank you very much, Ben Myers! That worked - although only a few recent
    messages are now downloaded. Better to have access to the newsgroups than a
    bunch of old messanges. I guess I can find the old messages somewhere if I
    should need them.

    Liv

    Liv Nordset, Jun 4, 2007