Problems with my Olympus D-560

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by MaG, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. MaG

    MaG Guest

    Hello,

    I recently purchased an Olympus D-560 digital camera, and I'm having
    some trouble accessing the pictures I took during my vacation. The
    memory card is a 256MB xD picture card from Fuji. I completely
    utilized the capacity of this memory card while on vacation. The card
    stores about 650 items (maybe more)-- a combination of high and medium
    resolution pictures as well as short videos.

    If I attempt displaying the pictures from the camera's screen, the
    camera says there are no pictures. When I select the shooting mode,
    the camera states that the card is full (which is true). If I connect
    the camera to my PC's USB port, the application provided by Olympus
    (Camedia Master v. 4.10) can only download the first 30 pictures.

    Has anybody seen this before? Do you know what I could do to download
    all the pictures? Are there any firmware updates for the D-560? If so,
    where can I download the new firmware? (I couldn't find any firmware
    updates in Olympus' website)

    I have contacted Olympus about this, but I'm still awaiting an answer.
    In the meantime, if you have any input for me, I'd greatly appreciate
    it.

    Thank you,
    Antonio

    MaG, Feb 4, 2004

  2. I use XD cards with my Fujifilm A205. Try navigating to your xd card with
    windows explorer. If you have XP, the OS should see the card simply as
    another drive. Select all of the images, then copy or cut them to a folder
    on your computer.

    Paul Riemerman

    Paul Riemerman, Feb 4, 2004