problems with my laptop dvd player - choppy video/audio

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Nigel, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. Nigel

    Nigel Guest

    problems with my laptop dvd player - choppy video/audio

    i have a matshita sr-8176 dvd player on my hp laptop. when i got it, it was
    working fine but now i get choppy video/audio.
    the first ide has the dma channels are turned on.
    the second one doesnt

    the driver seems to be working properly.

    this also occurs when i try to play a music cd. the audio is choppy.

    any explanation to why this is happening when it worked well before.
    any solutions?

    cheers and thanks in advance.
    Nigel
    www.nigelineurope.com
    A Two year painting and writing adventure in Europe

    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by.
    The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost.

    Nigel, Jul 23, 2004