    though I went into the Bios to change from auto to manual.

    Anyone got any ideas ? It would be a great help

    Sandra

    Sandra Morrison, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Sandra Morrison

    JaR Guest

    "Sandra Morrison" <> wrote in message
    news:09e301c3891d$09f53e70$...

    > but the modem will no longer work. I've re-installed it

    Did you uninstall, then re-install? If not, this may work.

    J.R.

    JaR, Oct 2, 2003

  3. Sandra Morrison

    Steve Guest

    Remove the modem, power up, shut down reinsert the modem
    and power up again.

    for
    >VGA, speakers etc, everything OK then temporarily put in

    >lan card to network for a while.
    >
    >Now lan card out, doesnt show up anywhere on the system
    >but the modem will no longer work. I've re-installed it
    >but it keeps showing that it's using IRQ 17 !!!
    >
    >Not able to set it manually, can't access the setting

    even

    Steve, Oct 2, 2003
  4. Sandra Morrison

    Tsooris Guest

    Don't know how much your time is worth, but a NEW plug and
    play modem will cost you $15, and will just, um....plug
    and play ;)

    Tsooris, Oct 2, 2003