    i need to reinstall windows or something.

    The copy of xp I have is legal. It came with my compaq laptop. thanks
    , Feb 5, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When using Microsoft or windows update, i click express to get high
    > priority updates.
    > a thing comes up called genuine windows validation.
    >
    > so when i click yes, help me validate windows, i get a white error
    > screen and it says the page cannot be displayed.
    >
    > I'm wondering if this is just a temporary problem on their side, or if
    > i need to reinstall windows or something.

    You are sure you have WORKING internet connectivity when you try? That is
    you can access web pages etc. Also check that you don't have a third party
    firewall blocking the program from calling out to microsoft (disable and
    retry).

    May help you, may not.
    Flunkett Clogwheel, Feb 5, 2006

  3. Tony Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > When using Microsoft or windows update, i click express to get high
    > priority updates.
    > a thing comes up called genuine windows validation.
    >
    > so when i click yes, help me validate windows, i get a white error
    > screen and it says the page cannot be displayed.
    >
    > I'm wondering if this is just a temporary problem on their side, or if
    > i need to reinstall windows or something.
    >
    > The copy of xp I have is legal. It came with my compaq laptop. thanks

    Do you get a yellow bar along the top of the browser window asking if you
    want to install an Active-x component? Could be that your browser is
    stopping it from being installed.
    Tony, Feb 5, 2006
  4. *x@y* Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > When using Microsoft or windows update, i click express to get high
    > priority updates.
    > a thing comes up called genuine windows validation.

    <snip>

    Try here; (http://tinyurl.com/alod3)

    Good Luck, x@y
    *x@y*, Feb 5, 2006