Problems with logging onto Yahoo and Ebay

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Carol Quigley, Apr 3, 2005.

  1. Hi

    I have been able to successfully log into both my ebay (and yahoo) accounts

    Carol Quigley, Apr 3, 2005

  2. Carol Quigley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Carol Quigley" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have been able to successfully log into both my ebay (and yahoo)
    > accounts
    > | up until yesterday. Have tried to log into both ebay and yahoo accounts
    > | today and when signing into ebay the signing in page generates a message
    > | saying "Your sign in information is not valid. Please try again." and
    > when
    > | signing into yahoo the login page generates a message saying "invalid
    > | password". I have followed all the instructions in both websites in
    > terms
    > of
    > | attempting to resolve the problems but to no avail. When attempting to
    > | retrieve my password for logging into ebay I am told that the retrieved
    > | information has been emailed to me however the email address I have on
    > my
    > | ebay account is my yahoo email address which of course I cannot access
    > | because of the same problem. I am in a bit of a panic as I have goods
    > which
    > | I am selling and the auctions ended today.
    > |
    > | I look forward to hearing from you asap.
    > |
    > | Many thanks
    > |
    > | Caz

    What operating system? Windows XP and ME have this "system restore" function
    that might help. Set it back a couple of days.

    In XP click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.

    That may help. Or not. I've had some luck with System Restore, but it's no
    guarantee.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 3, 2005

  3. Carol Quigley

    trout Guest

    Carol Quigley wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have been able to successfully log into both my ebay (and yahoo)
    > accounts
    > up until yesterday. Have tried to log into both ebay and yahoo
    > accounts today and when signing into ebay the signing in page
    > generates a message saying "Your sign in information is not valid.
    > Please try again." and when signing into yahoo the login page
    > generates a message saying "invalid password". I have followed all
    > the instructions in both websites in terms of attempting to resolve
    > the problems but to no avail. When attempting to retrieve my
    > password for logging into ebay I am told that the retrieved
    > information has been emailed to me however the email address I have
    > on my ebay account is my yahoo email address which of course I
    > cannot access because of the same problem. I am in a bit of a panic
    > as I have goods which I am selling and the auctions ended today.
    >
    > I look forward to hearing from you asap.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Caz

    [confusing extra attribution markers (>) deleted]

    For questions about problems online, it's a good idea to mention
    which browser you're using. For many problems, though, start with making
    sure that your cookies are enabled, and clear your temp Internet files.
    --
    Sometimes, that's all it takes.

    trout, Apr 3, 2005
  4. Thanks for your quick reply. The browser I am using is firefox version
    0.9.2. The OS I'm using is Windows 98 second ed, (I know antiquated). So
    because I don't have xp does that mean I'm unable to take your advice? V
    blond about these things. ;-)

    Carol Quigley, Apr 3, 2005
  5. Carol Quigley

    John Holmes Guest

    Toolman Tim replied in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > That may help. Or not. I've had some luck with System Restore, but
    > it's no guarantee.

    Nice try, Tim.
    <shakes head>

    --
    - John Holmes -

    " I ain't no **** "

    \|/

    John Holmes, Apr 3, 2005
  6. Carol Quigley

    Gimpy Guest

    Yahoo deleated a bunch of Accts & yours may have been one of them ? Try
    for a new password & see if your acct has been deactivated ??? Gimpy

    Gimpy, Apr 3, 2005
  7. Carol Quigley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Right - W98SE doesn't have System Restore. It came out in Win ME, and is
    also in XP. Trout gave a couple good ideas - it sounds like something in the
    "cookies" and/or "security" department to me.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 3, 2005
  8. Carol Quigley

    doS Guest

    Check for a trojan on the machine, someone could have changed your passwords
    on those sites.

    doS, Apr 3, 2005
  9. Carol Quigley

    trout Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > Right - W98SE doesn't have System Restore.

    Well, there *is* "scanreg/restore", after booting to command prompt
    which is kinda similar. But I don't know if I'd recommend it in this
    situation.
    --
    Or for this user.

    trout, Apr 3, 2005
  10. Thanks

    Tried this already and yahoo generated this message:

    "Unable to process request at this time -- error 999
    Yahoo!

    Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. We
    apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later."

    Carol Quigley, Apr 4, 2005
  11. Thanks, but why would they delete individuals' accounts, its bloody
    criminal. All my ebay correspondence is on this account, all my listings
    were ending today and I'm crapping myself (pardon the lang). I tried
    phoning yahoo at their London branch but the tel no is out of order.

    Carol Quigley, Apr 4, 2005
  12. Hi thanks again, don't think i'd be comfident in trying the dos tools.

    Carol Quigley, Apr 4, 2005
  13. Thanks again for your help, but cookies are enabled and I cant see what else
    I can do.

    Carol Quigley, Apr 4, 2005
  14. Eeek, but I've got grisoft v 7 (free) and its picked up trojans before, but
    do you think its possible that one has gotten through?

    Carol Quigley, Apr 4, 2005
  15. Carol Quigley

    doS Guest

    It is possible, wouldn't hurt to check.

    doS, Apr 4, 2005
  16. bump, sorry still seeking help

    Carol Quigley, Apr 7, 2005
  17. Carol Quigley

    sdl051

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Yahoo and Ebay login problems

    I have the same problem.. :( Yahoo and ebay account. Login on one day, locked out the next. :boxing: Surprisingly it's more than a year since everyone has posted to this problem. My system is windows XP and I use Internet explorer. I have also tried to log into my accounts from another PC and network while at work. I was unable to get in there as well. I believe it is on the websites side of things. I also have asked if yahoo and ebay system is tied together and Live Help said, "Yes they are part of the same company". Lets piece this together one day both work fine then both don't.. Hmmmm..

    I have searched for viruses using MacAfee and Spybot. I had no viruses and spybot found a few things. Ebay support is giving me the run around. I contacted them 3 times. Email then Live help; which they have no administrative privileges to look into the problem.. I am still waiting for the second email response.
    I too had things selling and bids placed. I did notice that Yahoos page still recognizes me because of the piling up of email reported to me on the login page. I just cannot log in.

    Did anyone find the solution??

    sdl051, Oct 6, 2006