    hopefully it will be fixed soon, but I'd be interested to know if it's
    just me or not.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 21, 2006

  2. Ivor Jones

    paul123 Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > Anyone else having problems with incoming calls from an IPKall number this
    > morning..? One of my two is working ok but the other is reporting that my
    > end is busy, which it isn't..!
    >
    > The annoying thing is callers get charged to hear the busy message so
    > hopefully it will be fixed soon, but I'd be interested to know if it's
    > just me or not.
    >
    > Ivor

    My IPKall number is working fine here....
    paul123, Jul 21, 2006

  3. Ivor Jones

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > Anyone else having problems with incoming calls from an IPKall number this
    > morning..? One of my two is working ok but the other is reporting that my
    > end is busy, which it isn't..!
    >
    > The annoying thing is callers get charged to hear the busy message so
    > hopefully it will be fixed soon, but I'd be interested to know if it's
    > just me or not.

    Are you forwarding calls on to a SIPgate address, or are you
    SIP-registered with IPkall? I have heard of some problems forwarding
    calls to SIPgate addresses today.
    Paul Cupis, Jul 21, 2006
  4. Ivor Jones

    Sean Guest

    Paul Cupis wrote:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> Anyone else having problems with incoming calls from an IPKall number this
    >> morning..? One of my two is working ok but the other is reporting that my
    >> end is busy, which it isn't..!
    >>
    >> The annoying thing is callers get charged to hear the busy message so
    >> hopefully it will be fixed soon, but I'd be interested to know if it's
    >> just me or not.

    > Are you forwarding calls on to a SIPgate address, or are you
    > SIP-registered with IPkall? I have heard of some problems forwarding
    > calls to SIPgate addresses today.

    Yes, even sipgate numbers are not forwarding to sipgate addresses :D
    Sean, Jul 21, 2006
  5. Ivor Jones

    paul123 Guest

    > > Are you forwarding calls on to a SIPgate address, or are you
    > > SIP-registered with IPkall? I have heard of some problems forwarding
    > > calls to SIPgate addresses today.

    > Yes, even sipgate numbers are not forwarding to sipgate addresses :D

    Must be a(nother) Sipgate issue. My IPKall number is forwarded into my
    gizmo number. As I said earlier in the thread, no probs here.
    paul123, Jul 21, 2006
  6. Ivor Jones

    news Guest

    In message <>, Ivor Jones
    <> writes
    >Anyone else having problems with incoming calls from an IPKall number this
    >morning..? One of my two is working ok but the other is reporting that my
    >end is busy, which it isn't..!
    >
    >The annoying thing is callers get charged to hear the busy message so
    >hopefully it will be fixed soon, but I'd be interested to know if it's
    >just me or not.
    >
    >Ivor

    IPKall to Voipfone is working OK.

    --
    Ian
    news, Jul 21, 2006
  7. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    > > Anyone else having problems with incoming calls from an
    > > IPKall number this morning..? One of my two is working
    > > ok but the other is reporting that my end is busy,
    > > which it isn't..!
    > >
    > > The annoying thing is callers get charged to hear the
    > > busy message so hopefully it will be fixed soon, but
    > > I'd be interested to know if it's just me or not.

    > Are you forwarding calls on to a SIPgate address, or are
    > you SIP-registered with IPkall? I have heard of some
    > problems forwarding calls to SIPgate addresses today.

    Forwarding to Sipgate. Another number forwarding to FWD is ok so it must
    be their end.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 21, 2006
  8. In message <>, Ivor Jones
    <> writes

    >"Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    >> Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> > Anyone else having problems with incoming calls from an
    >> > IPKall number this morning..? One of my two is working
    >> > ok but the other is reporting that my end is busy,
    >> > which it isn't..!
    >> >
    >> > The annoying thing is callers get charged to hear the
    >> > busy message so hopefully it will be fixed soon, but
    >> > I'd be interested to know if it's just me or not.

    >> Are you forwarding calls on to a SIPgate address, or are
    >> you SIP-registered with IPkall? I have heard of some
    >> problems forwarding calls to SIPgate addresses today.

    >Forwarding to Sipgate. Another number forwarding to FWD is ok so it must
    >be their end.
    >
    >Ivor

    Has anyone managed to sort out this problem yet? Forwarding to Voipfone
    gives busy message whether using old or new server. Might try changing
    the forwarding to another SIP account. No response to an email to IPKall
    but they don't really offer support.
    --
    Richard Anderton
    Richard Anderton, Jul 24, 2006
  9. Ivor Jones

    news Guest

    In message <>, Richard Anderton
    <> writes

    >Forwarding to Voipfone gives busy message whether using old or new
    >server.

    I just called my IPKall number, which forwards to Voipfone. It worked
    fine (Monday, 06:23 UTC).

    --
    Ian
    news, Jul 24, 2006
  10. Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    > "Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    >> Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>> Anyone else having problems with incoming calls from an
    >>> IPKall number this morning..? One of my two is working
    >>> ok but the other is reporting that my end is busy,
    >>> which it isn't..!
    >>>
    >>> The annoying thing is callers get charged to hear the
    >>> busy message so hopefully it will be fixed soon, but
    >>> I'd be interested to know if it's just me or not.

    >> Are you forwarding calls on to a SIPgate address, or are
    >> you SIP-registered with IPkall? I have heard of some
    >> problems forwarding calls to SIPgate addresses today.

    > Forwarding to Sipgate. Another number forwarding to FWD is ok so it
    > must be their end.
    >
    > Ivor

    I too am having problems now, my IP Kall numbers no longer forward to
    Sipgate, nor does my VoIP Talk number. Is this the end of Sipgate?

    Is it possible to port my Sipgate number to VoIP Talk or OrbTalk.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jul 27, 2006
  11. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    wrote in message

    [snip]

    > I too am having problems now, my IP Kall numbers no
    > longer forward to Sipgate, nor does my VoIP Talk number. Is this the end
    > of Sipgate?
    > Is it possible to port my Sipgate number to VoIP Talk or
    > OrbTalk.

    I found out that Sipgate will be restoring access for IPKall soon. If I
    can get a list of affected services, I will see if any others can be
    restored. No guarantees, but worth a try I think.

    I think the changes in the network are security-related.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 27, 2006
  12. Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    > wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> I too am having problems now, my IP Kall numbers no
    >> longer forward to Sipgate, nor does my VoIP Talk number. Is this the
    >> end of Sipgate?
    >> Is it possible to port my Sipgate number to VoIP Talk or
    >> OrbTalk.

    > I found out that Sipgate will be restoring access for IPKall soon.
    > If I can get a list of affected services, I will see if any others
    > can be restored. No guarantees, but worth a try I think.
    >
    > I think the changes in the network are security-related.
    >
    > Ivor

    Yes, I received an email this morning stating the same.

    VoIP Talk is also blocked.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jul 27, 2006