    security, but it did not help.

    From my computer which has the same operating system (Windows 2000
    professional), she's able to access her e-mail.

    If it matters, we are on a company network and behind a firewall.

    What could be wrong?

    Thanks,

    Sam
    S.V.Proff, Oct 7, 2003

  2. S.V.Proff

    joe Guest

    I'm back!! And to celebrate, S.V.Proff yelled out:
    > One of my colleagues' Web access to her AOL account stopped showing
    > her e-mails.
    >
    > I checked the Tools/Internet settings, relax some of the privacy and
    > security, but it did not help.
    >
    > From my computer which has the same operating system (Windows 2000
    > professional), she's able to access her e-mail.
    >
    > If it matters, we are on a company network and behind a firewall.
    >
    > What could be wrong?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Sam

    dump AOL.

    joe, Oct 7, 2003

  3. S.V.Proff wrote:

    > One of my colleagues' Web access to her AOL account stopped showing
    > her e-mails.
    >
    > I checked the Tools/Internet settings, relax some of the privacy and
    > security, but it did not help.
    >
    > From my computer which has the same operating system (Windows 2000
    > professional), she's able to access her e-mail.
    >
    > If it matters, we are on a company network and behind a firewall.
    >
    > What could be wrong?

    Any IT staffer who permits AOL to be installed on his company's networked
    machines should be immediately fired.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    <<Take THAT, VeriSlime!
    Gary G. Taylor, Oct 8, 2003
  4. S.V.Proff

    S.V.Proff Guest

    "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message news:<p_Mgb.8694$>...
    > S.V.Proff wrote:
    >
    > > One of my colleagues' Web access to her AOL account stopped showing
    > > her e-mails.
    > >
    > > I checked the Tools/Internet settings, relax some of the privacy and
    > > security, but it did not help.
    > >
    > > From my computer which has the same operating system (Windows 2000
    > > professional), she's able to access her e-mail.
    > >
    > > If it matters, we are on a company network and behind a firewall.
    > >
    > > What could be wrong?

    > Any IT staffer who permits AOL to be installed on his company's networked
    > machines should be immediately fired.

    She is NOT trying to access her mail with the AOL software. She is
    using Internet Explorer.

    Thanks,

    Sam
    S.V.Proff, Oct 8, 2003
  5. S.V.Proff

    Gecko Guest

    > > S.V.Proff wrote:
    > >
    > > > One of my colleagues' Web access to her AOL account stopped showing
    > > > her e-mails.

    <snip>

    > > > What could be wrong?

    > > Any IT staffer who permits AOL to be installed on his company's

    networked
    > > machines should be immediately fired.

    > She is NOT trying to access her mail with the AOL software. She is
    > using Internet Explorer.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Sam

    Irregardless. Any IT staffer who permits web based email accounts to be
    accessed via the company intranet should be immediately fired.
    Gecko, Oct 8, 2003
  6. S.V.Proff

    joe Guest

    I'm back!! And to celebrate, Gary G. Taylor yelled out:
    > S.V.Proff wrote:
    >
    >> One of my colleagues' Web access to her AOL account stopped showing
    >> her e-mails.
    >>
    >> I checked the Tools/Internet settings, relax some of the privacy and
    >> security, but it did not help.
    >>
    >> From my computer which has the same operating system (Windows 2000
    >> professional), she's able to access her e-mail.
    >>
    >> If it matters, we are on a company network and behind a firewall.
    >>
    >> What could be wrong?

    > Any IT staffer who permits AOL to be installed on his company's
    > networked machines should be immediately fired.

    agreed.

    joe, Oct 8, 2003
  7. S.V.Proff

    S.V.Proff Guest

    "Gecko" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "S.V.Proff" <> wrote in message
    > > "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message

    > <snip>

    > > > Any IT staffer who permits AOL to be installed on his company's

    > networked
    > > > machines should be immediately fired.

    > > She is NOT trying to access her mail with the AOL software. She is
    > > using Internet Explorer.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Sam

    > Irregardless. Any IT staffer who permits web based email accounts to be
    > accessed via the company intranet should be immediately fired.

    I see nothing wrong with webmail. That is not the question here,
    however. Can anybody else help with the AOL problem?
    S.V.Proff, Oct 11, 2003
  8. S.V.Proff

    Brian H¹© Guest

    S.V.Proff said:

    > "Gecko" <> wrote in message
    >> "S.V.Proff" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message

    >> <snip>

    >> networked
    >>>
    >>> She is NOT trying to access her mail with the AOL software. She is
    >>> using Internet Explorer.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Sam

    >> Irregardless. Any IT staffer who permits web based email accounts to be
    >> accessed via the company intranet should be immediately fired.

    I think anyone who spells regardless irregardless, should get spelling lessons
    or use a spell checker.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 11, 2003
  9. Maybe we can put a solution back on track if we start a new thread?
    Please create a hotmail account for your colleague.

    See if we can send and receive email via this account. If not let try to
    capture an error.

    You might also give us an idea ofwhat the network topology and any software
    or hardware that stand between you and the web.

    Is it just email or other AOL web pages too?

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > S.V.Proff said:
    >
    > > "Gecko" <> wrote in

    message

    Stevta [MSFT], Nov 2, 2003
  10. S.V.Proff

    Boomer Guest

    "Stevta [MSFT]" <> wrote in

    > Maybe we can put a solution back on track if we start a new
    > thread? Please create a hotmail account for your colleague.
    >
    > See if we can send and receive email via this account. If not let
    > try to capture an error.
    >
    > You might also give us an idea ofwhat the network topology and any
    > software or hardware that stand between you and the web.
    >
    > Is it just email or other AOL web pages too?
    >

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    [snip]
    >> I think anyone who spells regardless irregardless, should get
    >> spelling

    > lessons
    >> or use a spell checker.

    [snip]

    What does "MSFT" stand for?

    Why are you replying to Brian H?

    Do you realize how old this message (from Brian H) is?

    Thanks.
    Boomer, Nov 2, 2003
  11. On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 22:30:56 -0500, "Stevta [MSFT]"
    <> wrote in alt.aol.tricks:

    > Maybe we can put a solution back on track if we start a new thread?
    > Please create a hotmail account for your colleague.
    >
    > See if we can send and receive email via this account. If not let try to
    > capture an error.
    >
    > You might also give us an idea ofwhat the network topology and any software
    > or hardware that stand between you and the web.
    >
    > Is it just email or other AOL web pages too?

    Hello Stevta...

    Agreed, a new thread (or at least revisiting the topic) may be in
    order here... The problem isn't that AOL WebMail can not
    (ever) be read, what it is at least as far as I can tell, is common
    to and started about the same time in "My Netscape" WebMail
    interface (also owned + run by 'My Screenname' Service of AOL.
    What happens *every* time you load My Netscape or AOL email
    through IE is that the web browser downloads anywhere from
    850kb to (one time at least) 1.95mbs of some sort of 'security'
    files needed to access webmail (damned if I can figure out what
    they are, but it repeats any time the web browser has been
    closed and relaunched to get to WebMail)... Once the files
    'needed' are downloaded, then (and only then) will the progress
    indicator start moving... The first time the page loads, you get
    the generic screen from IE that tells you the 'site can not be found'.
    you need to hit the back button one time to get to the login
    window again and re-enter SN + PW one more time, then the
    progress indicator starts immediately and does take you to
    the webmail inbox.

    This does appear (at least to dial-up users) like an inability to
    access the WebMail site, because depending on other
    bandwidth drains on the internet, access to the INBOX page
    can take anywhere from 6 to 15 minutes to load (as well as
    the first unsuccessful attempt to locate the web site which
    ALWAYS happens at least once).

    Not sure why this happens, but all attempts to adjust security
    or (so-called) safety settings, cookies allowed, etc. seems
    to have NO effect on making WebMail load any faster...

    I've grown so frustrated with the slowness of entering
    'My Netscape' webMail, that I've switched almost all my
    mailing lists, Yahoo! Groups and recurrent friends email
    to other addresses...

    BTW, I'm on Win98SE, with IE 6.0 and all latest browser
    security updates, elective downloads installed, latest
    Norton Anti-Virus, yada yada yada... (everything installed
    is the latest possible revision, AIM, MSN Messenger, etc.)

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > > S.V.Proff said:
    > >
    > > > "Gecko" <> wrote in

    > message

    > > I think anyone who spells regardless irregardless, should get spelling

    > lessons
    > > or use a spell checker.
    > >

    > > > I see nothing wrong with webmail. That is not the question here,
    > > > however. Can anybody else help with the AOL problem?

    --
    Always,

    Bob Hare Jr. aka 'Animated GIF Man'
    Editor of Official AOL NewsGroups FAQs at:
    http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~animatedgifman/

    (preferred)

    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    USENET is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea:
    Massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining,
    and a source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement
    when you least expect it.

    There are but two rules for dealing with $pammers + MMF-ers:

    1.) *never* (ever) show one any mercy whatsoever.
    2.) when in doubt, refer to rule # 1.

    http://spam.abuse.net/overview/whatisspam.shtml

    ALL Outgoing email and USENET NewsGroups
    postings are certified Virus Free.
    Checked by NORTON anti-virus 2004
    ..
    Animated GIF Man, Nov 2, 2003
  12. On 2 Nov 2003 04:52:17 -0000, Gerlad Kalila
    <> wrote:

    >Boomer wrote:
    >> "Stevta [MSFT]" <> wrote:

    >> What does "MSFT" stand for?