    Would it be possible to add a cheap video card to get this system
    working again?

    Thanks for any and all help -

    Bobby, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Bobby

    doS Guest

    see if you have vga

    display

    doS, Dec 8, 2004

  3. Bobby

    Bobby Guest

    doS wrote:

    >see if you have vga

    It should be on that computer because it was purchased in 1999.
    How would the presence or lack of vga be a problem?
    I'm just trying to avoid the hassle of tracking down and changing the
    motherboard on an antiquated system.

    thanks for the reply -

    Bobby, Dec 8, 2004
  4. Bobby

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Bobby" <> wrote in message

    | The monitor only displays a black screen and Windows will not boot on
    | one of my computers. Seems that the on/off light switch remains yellow
    | when it should be green during the boot sequence. While trying to
    | troubleshoot this problem I plugged the monitor into another computer
    | and it works fine.
    |
    | Would it be possible to add a cheap video card to get this system
    | working again?
    |
    | Thanks for any and all help -

    Do the drive lights go on and off like a normal POST and boot? In other
    words, are you sure it's only the video that's not working, and not
    something like the mobo, CPU, etc. that's dead?

    If you're sure that the system is running, then yes, get a cheap PCI video
    card. I've done that at work with two systems where the onboard video died.
    (I always have a spare video card around just for those type of problems.)

    Toolman Tim, Dec 8, 2004