Problems with Importing from OE 6.0

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Sigi Rindler, Aug 17, 2006.

  1. Sigi Rindler

    Sigi Rindler Guest

    Hi,
    I am attempting to switch over from Outlook Express to Mozilla Thunderbird.
    The Import of Mail from Outlook Express worked, but only a fraction of the
    messages were imported.
    I did it as follows:
    Opened Thunderbird 1.5
    Tools/Import

    Selected Mail

    Next

    Highlighted Outlook Express

    Next

    Finish

    The Import took some time since I had over 10,000 messages in my Inbox. Most
    of them don't show up in Mozilla Thunderbird, however. Why didn't they get
    imported? Is there some easy step-by-step instruction to do it right?

    Would you recommend using Thunderbird as a mailreader and a newsreader?

    Thanks in advance,

    Murgi

    Sigi Rindler, Aug 17, 2006