    does not work.

    Any suggestions?
    Thanks, Heinrich

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVpbnJpY2g=?=, Sep 12, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SGVpbnJpY2g=?=

    Guest

    Have you contacted Tech Support at
    www.aladdin.com about your problem? Although
    the drivers are distributed via the Windows
    Update, the site claims support is provided by
    Aladdin.Com.

    Heinrich wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am running different 32 bit versions of protected software on ix86 machines.
    > I want to migrate to my new 64 bit computer because I need more than 8GB of
    > RAM.
    > Software installation is OK, but the HASP dongle and the crypto-box (Marx)
    > will not be recognized correctly.
    >
    > 1. MS identifies the HASP-dongle, will download HASP-drivers from the net
    > and the light on the hasp-dongle is on. The Aladdin HASP dongle appears as
    > correctly installed in the device manager, but the program does not recognize
    > it.
    >
    > 2. For the marx crypto box, I can install the drivers during setup routine,
    > but the crypToken (that`s how windows calls it) will not work, it will be
    > shown in the device manager as not correctly installed. Reinstalling dirvers
    > does not work.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    > Thanks, Heinrich

    , Sep 12, 2006

  3. Hi,
    I did install the newest version provided by aladdin. It claims to run on 64
    bit versions, too. This did not solve the problem. As these programs are
    running in 32 bit emulation mode, I think that the problem is OS related.
    Maybe I should mention, that I am running on opteron.
    I will contact aladdin support now, too.
    greetings, Heinrich

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVpbnJpY2g=?=, Sep 12, 2006
  4. Heinrich wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I am running different 32 bit versions of protected software on ix86
    >machines.
    >I want to migrate to my new 64 bit computer because I need more than 8GB of
    >RAM.
    >Software installation is OK, but the HASP dongle and the crypto-box (Marx)
    >will not be recognized correctly.
    >
    >1. MS identifies the HASP-dongle, will download HASP-drivers from the net
    >and the light on the hasp-dongle is on. The Aladdin HASP dongle appears as
    >correctly installed in the device manager, but the program does not
    >recognize
    >it.
    >
    >2. For the marx crypto box, I can install the drivers during setup routine,
    >but the crypToken (that`s how windows calls it) will not work, it will be
    >shown in the device manager as not correctly installed. Reinstalling
    >dirvers
    >does not work.

    I'd be suspicious that the software that uses the HASP also needs to be
    64-bit in order to talk to it.

    If you want to use more than 8Gb RAM, you probably need the application to
    be 64-bit anyway.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Sep 12, 2006