    available on their servers, yet when I try and find it using the
    newsgroup directory it doesn't show up. Any ideas on what I might be
    doing wrong?

    Learning, Jun 23, 2010

  2. Learning

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:34:33 -0400, Learning ÇʇoɹÊ:

    > I am using versio 5 of Agent. I am trying to get access to
    > alt.binaries.new. I have been told by others using Astraweb that it is
    > available on their servers, yet when I try and find it using the
    > newsgroup directory it doesn't show up. Any ideas on what I might be
    > doing wrong?

    Download all groups again.

    Meat Plow, Jun 23, 2010

  3. On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:34:33 -0400, Learning wrote:

    >I am using versio 5 of Agent. I am trying to get access to
    >alt.binaries.new. I have been told by others using Astraweb that it is
    >available on their servers, yet when I try and find it using the
    >newsgroup directory it doesn't show up. Any ideas on what I might be
    >doing wrong?

    I did a search for that group and the only server I find that caries
    it is news.demon.co.uk

    Steve

    EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
    SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
    JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com

    Stephen Wolstenholme, Jun 23, 2010
  4. Learning

    chuckcar Guest

    Learning wrote in news::

    > I am using versio 5 of Agent. I am trying to get access to
    > alt.binaries.new. I have been told by others using Astraweb that it is
    > available on their servers, yet when I try and find it using the
    > newsgroup directory it doesn't show up. Any ideas on what I might be
    > doing wrong?

    Try getting the entire list of groups again. Shared secrets carries it.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jun 23, 2010
  5. Learning

    Mike Easter Guest

    Learning wrote:
    > I am using versio 5 of Agent. I am trying to get access to
    > alt.binaries.new. I have been told by others using Astraweb that it is
    > available on their servers, yet when I try and find it using the
    > newsgroup directory it doesn't show up. Any ideas on what I might be
    > doing wrong?

    Astraweb has a function on their webpage by which you can search for a
    group they carry. Upper left corner at http://www.astraweb.com/
    Search for A Newsgroup

    That tool shows that they have 18 groups with a similar initial
    'string', but not that precise group.

    The astraweb tool's 'extension' allows you to request the group from there.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jun 24, 2010
  6. Learning

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:34:33 -0400, Learning wrote:

    > I am using versio 5 of Agent. I am trying to get access to
    > alt.binaries.new. I have been told by others using Astraweb that it is
    > available on their servers, yet when I try and find it using the
    > newsgroup directory it doesn't show up. Any ideas on what I might be
    > doing wrong?

    FYI, newsguy.com carries the group and a few offshoots of it.

    richard, Jun 24, 2010
  7. Learning

    John Holmes Guest

    Evan Platt "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:49:48 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Try getting the entire list of groups again. Shared secrets carries it.

    > If only someone didn't suggest that 2 hours ago.
    >
    > Oh - wait. They were just GUESSING, you know that's the problem for a
    > fact, right troll?

    Oh - wait. Pratt, stalker by profession, strikes again. Right, stalker?

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jun 24, 2010