Problems with folders?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Pun Krocker, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. Pun Krocker

    Pun Krocker Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying Mozilla again (v1.6) and I am having the same problem I
    always get, can you help please?

    I have 2 pop email accounts and 2 Hotmail (Hotmail via Hotpop program),
    for all my Yahoo groups I have made folders and filters to sort the
    incoming mail to folders with the group names, after some time I return
    to email and some if not all folders dissapear, when try to re-create
    them through the filters section I am told that they already exist but
    if I click twice they will appear again. This morning when I switched on
    the folders where there but I got an error saying cannot move mail from
    2 groups to folder and to try to empty then compress folder but when I
    try to drag mail into folders they error comes back, one other folder
    was okay and mail from that group was delivered there.

    This also happened with Firebird a few weeks ago, I really like this
    software and would love to use it as my default Browser / email/
    Newsgroup client but these folder errors make it impossible.

    Thanks for any help you can give.
    --
    d{ò_ò}b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."
    Pun Krocker, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Pun Krocker wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying Mozilla again (v1.6) and I am having the same problem I
    > always get, can you help please?
    >
    > I have 2 pop email accounts and 2 Hotmail (Hotmail via Hotpop program),
    > for all my Yahoo groups I have made folders and filters to sort the
    > incoming mail to folders with the group names, after some time I return
    > to email and some if not all folders dissapear, when try to re-create
    > them through the filters section I am told that they already exist but
    > if I click twice they will appear again. This morning when I switched on
    > the folders where there but I got an error saying cannot move mail from
    > 2 groups to folder and to try to empty then compress folder but when I
    > try to drag mail into folders they error comes back, one other folder
    > was okay and mail from that group was delivered there.
    >
    > This also happened with Firebird a few weeks ago, I really like this
    > software and would love to use it as my default Browser / email/
    > Newsgroup client but these folder errors make it impossible.
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can give.

    I don't know how much help I can be, since my experience is not
    identical to yours. First of all, when you said you had tried your
    filter system on Firebird, you meant, of course Thinderbird, since FB is
    browser only, no mail component.

    I use a system of filters for yahoogroups very similar to what you
    describe in Thunderbird on Win ME. The only noted problem is that,
    occasionally, a message gets sorted to the wrong folder.

    The other difference in my setup is that I am using one regular isp pop3
    account for groups, not multiple pop3 accounts, nor hotmail through
    hotpoppers. Are these problems happening mostly with mail coming
    through the hotmail acccounts, or across the board?

    Have you tried deleting the filters and recreating them? Exactly how
    are you setting these filters up?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Pun Krocker

    Pun Krocker Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Pun Krocker wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I am trying Mozilla again (v1.6) and I am having the same problem I
    >> always get, can you help please?
    >>
    >> I have 2 pop email accounts and 2 Hotmail (Hotmail via Hotpop
    >> program), for all my Yahoo groups I have made folders and filters to
    >> sort the incoming mail to folders with the group names, after some
    >> time I return to email and some if not all folders dissapear, when try
    >> to re-create them through the filters section I am told that they
    >> already exist but if I click twice they will appear again. This
    >> morning when I switched on the folders where there but I got an error
    >> saying cannot move mail from 2 groups to folder and to try to empty
    >> then compress folder but when I try to drag mail into folders they
    >> error comes back, one other folder was okay and mail from that group
    >> was delivered there.
    >>
    >> This also happened with Firebird a few weeks ago, I really like this
    >> software and would love to use it as my default Browser / email/
    >> Newsgroup client but these folder errors make it impossible.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help you can give.

    > I don't know how much help I can be, since my experience is not
    > identical to yours. First of all, when you said you had tried your
    > filter system on Firebird, you meant, of course Thinderbird, since FB is
    > browser only, no mail component.
    >
    > I use a system of filters for yahoogroups very similar to what you
    > describe in Thunderbird on Win ME. The only noted problem is that,
    > occasionally, a message gets sorted to the wrong folder.
    >
    > The other difference in my setup is that I am using one regular isp pop3
    > account for groups, not multiple pop3 accounts, nor hotmail through
    > hotpoppers. Are these problems happening mostly with mail coming
    > through the hotmail acccounts, or across the board?
    >
    > Have you tried deleting the filters and recreating them? Exactly how
    > are you setting these filters up?
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks Lee,

    Yes it was a typo, I did mean Thunderbird :)

    The Yahoo groups are being sent to a pop acount and the mail does get
    into the inbox always, just the filtered folders are giving me problems,
    the only acounts with filters are the pop3 ones, Hotmail is just there
    for anti-spam protection on newsgroups , forums etc.

    I set the filters up via the pulldown menu and make the folders from
    there, all the groups have [groupname] in subject and I just use the
    filter to look for subject name and then move to relevent folder.

    I have just un-installed the lot including profiles as I have just
    thought of a possible problem here, I run a garbage cleaner
    (Supercleaner) and I think it may be deleting files that Mozilla needs,
    I will not run it for a few days and see if that is my problem :)

    Cheers for now and thanks for your reply.

    PK

    Sig to follow.
    Pun Krocker, Feb 7, 2004
  4. Pun Krocker

    Pun Krocker Guest

    Pun Krocker said the following on 07/02/2004 17:24:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying Mozilla again (v1.6) and I am having the same problem I
    > always get, can you help please?
    >
    > I have 2 pop email accounts and 2 Hotmail (Hotmail via Hotpop program),
    > for all my Yahoo groups I have made folders and filters to sort the
    > incoming mail to folders with the group names, after some time I return
    > to email and some if not all folders dissapear, when try to re-create
    > them through the filters section I am told that they already exist but
    > if I click twice they will appear again. This morning when I switched on
    > the folders where there but I got an error saying cannot move mail from
    > 2 groups to folder and to try to empty then compress folder but when I
    > try to drag mail into folders they error comes back, one other folder
    > was okay and mail from that group was delivered there.
    >
    > This also happened with Firebird a few weeks ago, I really like this
    > software and would love to use it as my default Browser / email/
    > Newsgroup client but these folder errors make it impossible.
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can give.

    Just for info:-

    Problem was a Windows clean-up program removing what it thought was temp
    and uneeded files ;-)

    Mozilla is working great again.

    Pun Krocker, Feb 9, 2004