    problem as data is still there and I need it bad.
    Thank you ahead of time
    Andrew R Links
    Andrew R Links, Jul 31, 2005

  2. As pointed out in my column and webcast, in several messages here on this
    newsgroup, and in MS KB 896344, you need a new version of the Files and
    Settings Transfer Wizard. The one that ships with Windows XP is NOT
    compatible with x64 Edition. See
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q896344.

    Your only option at this point is to transfer those settings to a 32-bit
    version of Windows XP Professional, and then redo the FSTW using the new one
    to get to x64 Edition.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 31, 2005

  3. FYi.
    In case you need the new version it is available via Windows Update.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9zcw==?=, Aug 1, 2005
  4. Yes, it just showed up there recently. I'm glad to see it there.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 1, 2005