problems with e mail

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by mark iwanycky, Mar 30, 2007.

  1. i cant send or recive e mails help
    mark iwanycky, Mar 30, 2007

  2. mark iwanycky

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:21:08 +0000, mark iwanycky wrote:

    > i cant send or recive e mails help

    Hang on while I get my crystal ball.

    Wait! Nevermind, here's the problem

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Mar 30, 2007

  3. mark iwanycky

    SJP Guest

    "mark iwanycky" <> wrote in message
    >i cant send or recive e mails help

    I have e-mailled you the solution :)
    SJP, Mar 30, 2007
  4. mark iwanycky

    SJP Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:21:08 GMT, "mark iwanycky"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>i cant send or recive e mails help

    > Check your settings.

    Evan, how come all your posts are 1 hour wrong?
    SJP, Mar 30, 2007
  5. mark iwanycky

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Mar 30, 2007
  6. mark iwanycky

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:24:01 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    >>Evan, how come all your posts are 1 hour wrong?

    > Cuz Bill Gates.

    That's it, blame someone else.

    Just like the kid being teased by his mates coz he shit in his trousers
    said "It wasn't me. A big boy did it and ran away".:)

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
    Aardvark, Mar 30, 2007
  7. mark iwanycky

    Mike Easter Guest

    Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:24:01 -0800

    > "SJP"

    >> Evan, how come all your posts are 1 hour wrong?

    > The DST patch won't install on my laptop.
    >
    > I'm open to a suggestion on how to fix it.
    >
    > The correct time shows on my system...

    You can 'fix' your timezone. If you are Pacific, your offset needs to
    be -0700, not -0800 as above. You can choose Arizona time for your
    timezone which is -0700 and doesn't use DST. Then the first Sunday in
    Nov you should set your zone back to Pacific which will then be PST
    at -0800.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 30, 2007
  8. mark iwanycky

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:37:29 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > You can 'fix' your timezone. If you are Pacific, your offset needs to
    > be -0700, not -0800 as above. You can choose Arizona time for your
    > timezone which is -0700 and doesn't use DST. Then the first Sunday in
    > Nov you should set your zone back to Pacific which will then be PST
    > at -0800.

    Or you can move kit 'n caboodle to Arizona for the summer :)

    Just like them rich folks movin' t'the Hamptons for the summer.

    Aardvark, Mar 30, 2007
  9. mark iwanycky

    Mike Easter Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:

    >> You can choose Arizona time for
    >> your timezone

    > Or you can move kit 'n caboodle to Arizona for the summer :)

    The San Diego Padres go to .az for spring training in Peoria, which is
    now, but they have the 'good sense' :) to come back to SD for the
    summer and the season. The last AZ spring game is tomorrow at Chase
    Field vs the Diamondbacks.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 30, 2007
  10. mark iwanycky

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Mar 30, 2007
  11. mark iwanycky

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 19:05:30 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:37:29 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:
    >

    >> You can 'fix' your timezone. If you are Pacific, your offset needs to
    >> be -0700, not -0800 as above. You can choose Arizona time for your
    >> timezone which is -0700 and doesn't use DST. Then the first Sunday in
    >> Nov you should set your zone back to Pacific which will then be PST
    >> at -0800.
    >>

    > Or you can move kit 'n caboodle to Arizona for the summer :)
    >
    > Just like them rich folks movin' t'the Hamptons for the summer.

    I have friends in Az. I made the mistake of vacationing there one summer.

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Mar 30, 2007
  12. mark iwanycky

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:17:55 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> Mike Easter wrote:

    >>> You can choose Arizona time for
    >>> your timezone

    >> Or you can move kit 'n caboodle to Arizona for the summer :)

    > The San Diego Padres go to .az for spring training in Peoria, which is
    > now, but they have the 'good sense' :) to come back to SD for the
    > summer and the season. The last AZ spring game is tomorrow at Chase
    > Field vs the Diamondbacks.

    I take it you're talking about one of those American sports nobody
    in the rest of the world is interested in. :)

    I'm a follower of 'The Beautiful Game' myself. Liverpool F.C. are among
    its superlative proponents.

    Aardvark, Mar 30, 2007
  13. mark iwanycky

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:23:06 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:37:29 -0700, "Mike Easter" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>You can 'fix' your timezone. If you are Pacific, your offset needs to
    >>be -0700, not -0800 as above. You can choose Arizona time for your
    >>timezone which is -0700 and doesn't use DST. Then the first Sunday in
    >>Nov you should set your zone back to Pacific which will then be PST
    >>at -0800.

    > There's gotta be a way to get the patch some other way..

    Co-locate your laptop in an Az server farm and use Remote Desktop from
    home.

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Mar 30, 2007
  14. mark iwanycky

    Mike Easter Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"

    >> You can 'fix' your timezone.

    > There's gotta be a way to get the patch some other way..

    I found a patch for my machine and chose to not use it. I would rather
    click the TZ twice a year. What's the big deal?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 30, 2007
  15. mark iwanycky

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Mar 30, 2007
  16. mark iwanycky

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:24:27 -0400, Meat Plow <>
    wrote:

    >I have friends in Az. I made the mistake of vacationing there one summer.

    I hear the Melanoma festival is a must see.
    Evan Platt, Mar 30, 2007