Problems with DVDSHRINK and CloneDVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by DigitalEbola, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. DigitalEbola

    DigitalEbola Guest

    When i try and use dvdshrink, it rips fine then when it goes to burn i
    get an error of some kind (a quite a lot of info in the error box)

    And when i use cloneDVD sometimes throughout the movie it has slight
    pauses for 1 or 2 seconds like windows is having a brain-fart or something..

    Any ideas how to fix the pauses? Im using a Pioneer 107 using firmware
    1.09 on a P3.2ghz with 1gig ddr and 200gig hdds..
    Also using a pioneer 16x dvdrom (105 i think is the model) to rip..

    Each dvd drive is on a seperate ide, and in winxp i dont know if you can
    manually turn on dma (dosnt xp keep it ON by default?)

    Any help would be greatly appreciate.. Ive even had the dvd player stop
    on one of these pauses, then i resume and it works fine.. its annoying
    as hell.

    Thanks Kindly

    DigitalEbola, Feb 29, 2004

  2. DigitalEbola

    Skid Guest

    "DigitalEbola" <> wrote in message
    > When i try and use dvdshrink, it rips fine then when it goes to burn i
    > get an error of some kind (a quite a lot of info in the error box)
    >
    > And when i use cloneDVD sometimes throughout the movie it has slight
    > pauses for 1 or 2 seconds like windows is having a brain-fart or

    something..

    > Any ideas how to fix the pauses? Im using a Pioneer 107 using firmware
    > 1.09 on a P3.2ghz with 1gig ddr and 200gig hdds..
    > Also using a pioneer 16x dvdrom (105 i think is the model) to rip..
    >
    > Each dvd drive is on a seperate ide, and in winxp i dont know if you can
    > manually turn on dma (dosnt xp keep it ON by default?)
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciate.. Ive even had the dvd player stop
    > on one of these pauses, then i resume and it works fine.. its annoying
    > as hell.

    Wrong newsgroup, but I can tell you that Shrink doesn't burn anything.

    The pauses sound like bad media, misapplied labels or disabled DMA. XP will
    disable DMA automatically after a certain number of errors. Deleting the IDE
    controller in device manager will force everything to redetect and allow you
    to re-enable it. If it happens again after that, check the even log in the
    administrative tools control panel to look for clues on what's causing the
    errors in the first place.

    Skid, Feb 29, 2004