    work.

    -cos
    , Apr 27, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >Hi All,
    >
    >I was wondering if anyone has an example configuration for setting up a
    >router to switch over to DSL in the case of a broken link. The
    >configuration is for a Cisco 2600 router. Everything else works fine,
    >but when I disconnect it from the main DSU/CSU, it doesn't bother going
    >to DSL. I could've sworn it was working before, but now it doesn't
    >work.
    >
    >-cos

    Insufficient information to provide a canned answer to this common
    request:

    * What is at the other end of the T1 - ISP or another site you control?

    * If the former, is NAT being used?

    * What is at the other end of the DSL link? ISP or another site you own?

    * If the former, is NAT being used?

    * What kind of T1 are you using (frame relay, point-to-point, etc)

    * Are VPNs used over either link?

    * What are your requirements for availability, robustness, performance?

    Bottom line: how do you detect loss of the T1? How do you detect
    the DSL needs repair? How much are you willing to spend on initial
    design and ongoing maintenance?

    Good luck and have fun! Depending upon the answers, the required
    configuration ranges from trivial to impossible.
    http://www.networkingunlimited.com
    Vincent C Jones, Apr 28, 2005

  3. Guest

    I just was looking for an example, or a page that might show me an
    example of using a failover. I don't really need a specific answer to
    my network, but I'm just wondering how others have tested a Serial for
    a link-down, and then jumped to a backup DSL/Dialup device.

    -cos
    , Apr 28, 2005