    perpetual hourglass.

    Any suggestion as to how to overcome this problem?

    Bob

    R. Walker, Jan 11, 2004

  2. R. Walker

    Anish Mehta Guest

    "R. Walker" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > We recently got DSL service form SBC and we've been unable to access
    > any of the
    > Microsoft networks, including hotmail since. We've had to revert back
    > to a
    > dialup connection to get access to the MSN services. There's no
    > message. MSN just
    > ignores the attempt after the password has been entered with a
    > perpetual hourglass.
    >
    > Any suggestion as to how to overcome this problem?
    >
    > Bob

    Some information seems to be missing. In conjunction with DSL did you run
    some kind of firewall or were your internet privacy settings set to high
    (assuming IE)?
    Anish

    Anish Mehta, Jan 11, 2004

  3. R. Walker

    R. Walker Guest

    Not that I'm aware. No firewalls or security features have been
    installed thus far.

    I've been accessing hotmail via dialup for a long time. When we
    switched to SBC's DSL, I could no longer access hotmail. I'd sign on
    and when I gave the user name and password, it would never respond,
    endless hourglass. My wife has a similar problem retrieving email and
    chatting with her friends on MSN. It works on dial up but not over
    DSL. I have no problem getting my email, but I'm using Netscape, not
    MSN.

    I've contacted SBC's tech support, but they are transport types and
    couldn't help much with access.

    Bob

    R. Walker, Jan 12, 2004
  4. R. Walker

    Jeff Guest

    On 1/12/04 9:37 AM, R. Walker wrote:
    > Not that I'm aware. No firewalls or security features have been
    > installed thus far.
    >
    > I've been accessing hotmail via dialup for a long time. When we
    > switched to SBC's DSL, I could no longer access hotmail. I'd sign on
    > and when I gave the user name and password, it would never respond,
    > endless hourglass. My wife has a similar problem retrieving email and
    > chatting with her friends on MSN. It works on dial up but not over
    > DSL. I have no problem getting my email, but I'm using Netscape, not
    > MSN.
    >
    > I've contacted SBC's tech support, but they are transport types and
    > couldn't help much with access.
    >
    > Bob
    >
    > Anish Mehta wrote:
    >
    >>"R. Walker" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>We recently got DSL service form SBC and we've been unable to access
    >>>any of the
    >>>Microsoft networks, including hotmail since. We've had to revert back
    >>>to a
    >>>dialup connection to get access to the MSN services. There's no
    >>>message. MSN just
    >>>ignores the attempt after the password has been entered with a
    >>>perpetual hourglass.
    >>>
    >>>Any suggestion as to how to overcome this problem?
    >>>
    >>>Bob

    >>Some information seems to be missing. In conjunction with DSL did you run
    >>some kind of firewall or were your internet privacy settings set to high
    >>(assuming IE)?
    >>Anish

    I use SBC DSL and have no problems with MSN and hotmail. It sounds like
    MSN is still trying to connect to the dialup. Try deleting the dialup
    profile and then MSN should find the DSL connection.

    Jeff, Jan 12, 2004