    DSOUND.dll is corrupt or missing. SFC confirms that it is corrupt but can
    not repair it. This is on Vista Ultimate 64bit. Anyone know where I can get
    a working copy of this file and how to go about replacing it?

    =?Utf-8?B?VHd5c1Q=?=, Oct 23, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VHd5c1Q=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    First, which one is corrupt or missing. The 32-bit or 64-bit. If it is
    corrupt, have you tried restoring one of the previous versions from shadow
    copy? If none are available, this is from a previous posting

    Mounting the wim file from the DVD and manually copying the files from the
    mounted location to the OS location is the only way to replace a corrupted
    file that cannot be repaired with SFC.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    John Barnes, Oct 23, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VHd5c1Q=?=

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi John
    Not familiar with "mounting Wim files" .What do you use to mount file?
    Just curious...........

    Kue2, Oct 23, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VHd5c1Q=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    That was a reply from Darrell. The closest I have come to trying anything
    is to find this article.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/events/vista/dsk-02.mspx The
    second item would seem to apply.

    John Barnes, Oct 23, 2007
  5. TwysT:
    If you don't find a solution I can always send that missing dll to you by
    mail.
    It is just half a megabyte.
    Your call.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 23, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?VHd5c1Q=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    There is one in syswow and one in system32. Coordinate on the one needed.

    John Barnes, Oct 23, 2007
  7. John:
    Yes, already saw that when doing a search for dsound.dll in the Windows
    folder, but thanks for pointing it out.
    The OP might not know that piece of info.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 23, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?VHd5c1Q=?=

    Kue2 Guest

    Thks John
    explains it fully,something for me to try in the future........:)-)

    Kue2, Oct 23, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?VHd5c1Q=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't needed to do it and had set it aside.

    John Barnes, Oct 23, 2007