    with system time. It seems as if windows reads the generated cookie as
    expired no matter what the system date is.

    Anyone else have this problem? Has anyone found a workaround fo this?
    Xaos, Jul 19, 2006

  2. Xaos

    Jane C Guest

    No problems with any cookies here, using both IE and Firefox.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

    Jane C, Jul 19, 2006

  3. Are you using the 32bit or 64bit versions of IE? There is also a No-Add-On
    version.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 19, 2006
  4. Xaos

    Xaos Guest

    To tell you the truth, I really don't know the difference between the
    2. I believe if I'm not mistaken that most pages by default open in
    the 32 bit version unless you specifically click on the 64 bit IE link.
    Also I get the same issue no matter what browser I use.

    It could be 1 of 2 things.

    1. PHP sites that use session cookies: Session cookie expires before it
    is supposed to or is read as expired from the start. I have noticed
    that I tend to get auto-logged off frequently in those that I do manage
    to log into. Also I have less problems if there is a "log me on
    autmatically" checkbox. I can log in to some sites by using autologin
    only (i.e. cannot log in by using my name and password, only by loading
    the page).

    2. Somehow there is a problem with sites that store user data in a SQL
    database like MySql. It may not be reading my computer as matching the
    data from the database...

    I have this problem mostly on fum sites that use PHP such as PHPBB.
    Other sites such as all of Yahoo. I can log into Yahoo Messenger, but
    not to any Yahoo online site. I enter my data there and click submit
    (or sign in, whatever) and it just refreshes the page sans data. No
    error message at all. I notice on the forum sites it will have me
    logged in both as a guest and as a registered user (same IP).

    Xaos, Jul 19, 2006
  5. Hi,
    do you have a third party firewall running?
    I used to have this problem when I did not include the site in trusted
    sites, when I was using a security/privacy protecting suite (NIS) on my x23
    boxes.
    the suite blocked sending referral cookies, see.

    It may be bothersome to have to ad a site to trusted zone, but I think the
    problem lies in privacy settings.
    --
    Kind regards, Jaak

    =?Utf-8?B?anRkb29t?=, Jul 22, 2006
  6. Hi,
    do you run a third party security/privacy suite?
    some sites will not allow hotlinking into some sections, and rely on the
    referral cookie. I had this problem in 32 versions, and the solution was to
    put the site in tha trusted zone in the security suite. (which would
    otherwise block referral cookies for privacy)

    --
    Kind regards, Jaak

    =?Utf-8?B?anRkb29t?=, Jul 22, 2006
  7. Hi,