    suggestions?

    Thanks

    Brian
    bpgordon, Feb 13, 2004

  2. bpgordon

    Harrison Guest

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:16:39 -0600, "bpgordon" <> wrote:

    >I just upgraded to XP Pro from Win 2k Pro, and I connect to the internet
    >through dial-up still (here come the laughs).
    >But now I cannot connect, it's like XP doesn't recognize my modem.
    >Everything looks fine under Device Manager, but when I try to create a new
    >connection, the option to dial up to the Internet is grayed out. Any
    >suggestions?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Brian

    Uninstall and reinstall the modem using XP specific drivers.
    Harrison, Feb 13, 2004

  3. bpgordon

    dv8nv Guest

    I had a similar problem in that the Inetwiz failed and New Connection
    Wizard showed grayed out dial up options. Here's how I got it
    working...

    Click 'Start' then 'Run' then type 'msconfig' and press 'Enter' on the
    'General' tab choose the 'Normal Startup' bullet to load all device
    drivers and services and press 'Ok'. When the system reboots, all the
    normal services and drivers will be running and it should function
    properly (mine did).

    You might also try System File Checker (SFC) to make sure the
    essential Windows files are not corrupt/missing. If it was recently
    working, try a 'System Restore' to restore the registry to an earlier
    date.

    persevere,
    Neil
    dv8nv, Feb 17, 2004