    seem to have an ethernet socket on the back of my PC - is this the same as
    the LAN socket? My old modem (BT Voyager 105) connected via a USB socket?
    Can anyone help?
    =?Utf-8?B?U1Ix?=, Feb 21, 2006

  2. Yes, an ethernet port is frequently called a LAN port. If you do not have
    one, you can add an internal ethernet adapter or an external USB/ethernet
    adapter.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    "SR1" <> wrote in message
    > I have AOL broadband and have just purchased a BT Wireless broadband

    router
    Doug Sherman [MVP], Feb 21, 2006

  3. If I connect up to the LAN socket and follow the instructions when I'm asked
    to connect to bt voyager I just get the 'Page unavailable' message (same if I
    try with the IP address they provide) - is this likely to be a BT problem or
    an AOL problem..who should I contact first?

    =?Utf-8?B?U1Ix?=, Feb 21, 2006
  4. Try manually configuring your Local Area Connection as follows:

    IP address = 192.168.1.2
    Subnet mask = 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway = 192.168.1.1
    DNS = 192.168.1.1

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Feb 21, 2006
  5. Hi Mr. Doug Sherman,

    I saw couple of your posts in the Win XP user group and I thought to discuss
    one particular issue I am facing with my BT Voyager 2005V Wireless Router.

    I have got Dell Latidtude D610 Win XP Prof. SP2.

    When I got the new wireless router from BT few weeks back I was elated and
    connected instantly to the Wired and Wireless connectivity.

    Due to some strange reasons I am no longer able to connect to Internet using
    the BT Voyager router router wirelessly even though the Internet is stil
    available using the Ethernet cable connection. I can see the Router when I
    double click "View Available Wireless Networks" but when I connect it, it
    just pops up the message "connecting" but never actually connects.

    I just dont know how to resolve this issue. My frnd's machine can see and
    connect to the router and I can connect to other wireless network when I am
    in office but when I try it to the earlier friendly router it doesnt accept
    my request at all.

    If you can please proivde me with some tips to overcome this issues then it
    wil be great.

    Regards

    Shankar

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhbmthcg==?=, Apr 6, 2006