    I'm not too squeamish to take it apart, either.

    Thanks.

    Sheldon

    Sheldon, Feb 6, 2005

  2. Sheldon wrote:
    > My old Sony Mavica has trouble finding the floppy when inserted.
    > Sometimes I have to put it in and eject it over and over, and
    > sometimes banging on it helps before it recognizes the disk. Anybody
    > else have this problem? Any simple solutions? I still like the
    > camera, and would like to use it occasionally (I just got a new D70),
    > but I doubt sending it in for repair would be worth it.

    Might it be something as simple as a dirty read/write head on the floppy
    drive? Running one of those 3.5" cleaning disks a couple times could do
    the trick. If not, then you can get more adventurous and/or broke...
    ;^)

    Bob ^,,^

    Bob Harrington, Feb 6, 2005

  3. Sheldon

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    "Sheldon" <> wrote:

    > My old Sony Mavica has trouble finding the floppy when inserted. Sometimes
    > I have to put it in and eject it over and over, and sometimes banging on it
    > helps before it recognizes the disk. Anybody else have this problem? Any
    > simple solutions? I still like the camera, and would like to use it
    > occasionally (I just got a new D70), but I doubt sending it in for repair
    > would be worth it.

    Floppies use magnetic tape. The read heads eventually get coated in
    oxide deposits - like VHS heads and the like. Get yourself a wet or dry
    floppy head cleaner and try that first.

    Stewy, Feb 7, 2005