Problems with ADI AD1888 Sound

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Roebuck, Dec 24, 2007.

  1. Roebuck

    Roebuck Guest

    This solution is for AD1888 Audio Chipsets with Windows Vista x64 Only

    I have been searching for some time for a driver for the ADI AD1888 Onboard
    Soundmax surround sound card on my ASUS K8V-MX Motherboard.
    After a great deal of time trying to fix the problem of sound being erratic
    crackling excessive echo etc. reading a number of reviews of the motherboard
    stating that the onboard sound was AC-97 Compatible, I had the idea of
    trying an AC-97 Driver package for Windows Vista x64 (64bit)
    at 1st I thought that it did not work as I heard nothing from the speakers,
    but I had the Audio icon in the taskbar stating :-
    Volume : 60
    Speakers
    Realtec AC-97 Audio for Via (R) Audio Controller

    I switched the Speaker plug to the Line out and hey presto! I now have
    decent sound but not surround support.
    If you have a similar problem with Vista64
    you can obtain the driver package at
    http://ut200x.ath.cx/vista-x64/AC97-Vista64.zip size: 29mb
    Roebuck, Dec 24, 2007