    Gig-e connection on my HP4000M. Both units have the latest IOS

    Please email answer macvoip @ gmail.com

    Thanks to all.

    Great Deals, Sep 9, 2007

  2. Great Deals

    Trendkill Guest

    On Sep 9, 2:38 pm, "Great Deals" <> wrote:
    > How hard is it to VLAN a Gig-e fiber connection from the router to the fiber
    > Gig-e connection on my HP4000M. Both units have the latest IOS
    >
    > Please email answer macvoip @ gmail.com
    >
    > Thanks to all.

    If its a simple single network connection, you just use plain ethernet
    and give it an ip address, and make sure it matches the vlan/network
    range on the HP4000M. If you are doing multiple vlans and trying to
    trunk (make the 7200 the l3 owner of multiple networks), you'll need
    to configure trunking on the gig port, create the interfaces you need,
    and trunk over those VLANs. Since ISL is Cisco proprietary, you will
    need to use dot1q trunking, which the HP supports (I looked it up).

    The bottom of this link has information relating to configuring
    trunking on a router:

    http://www.lanarchitect.net/Articles/VLANTrunking/Implementation/

    Trendkill, Sep 10, 2007