    with UK lines - any workarounds spring to mind?

    Stuart

    , Nov 30, 2005

  2. David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 30 Nov 2005, writes
    >I know several of you use this cute bit of kit (ILS1002) from eBay to
    >put two lines into one phone. Can you help out with a problem or two?
    >
    >When my voip is in use the switch is supposed to "busy" the other
    >(pstn) line.

    [Snip]

    >After 5 minutes I'm getting breakthrough on the VOIP side of BT's
    >warble as it is also getting upset. So is the beasty really compatible
    >with UK lines - any workarounds spring to mind?

    I had this problem too. Found no solution so slung it away.

    DF

    David Floyd, Nov 30, 2005

  3. Ivor Jones Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > I had this problem too. Found no solution so slung it
    > away.

    Use a 2-line phone, the BT Converse 2025 is still available from a few
    sources. Failing that, you'll have to use 2 phones or a PABX.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 30, 2005
  4. Guest

    David Floyd wrote:
    > In message of Wed, 30 Nov 2005, writes

    > I had this problem too. Found no solution so slung it away.

    Yep - I think i'll have to go back to the 2xDECT solution. I'll keep
    mine in case I add another voip adapter. I guess it will strap two voip
    lines together OK.

    Do Draytek/Zoom/Linkys voip routers/ata behave properly with the pstn
    line when voip is busy?

    Stuart

    , Nov 30, 2005
  5. Sean Guest

    wrote:
    > David Floyd wrote:
    >
    >>In message of Wed, 30 Nov 2005, writes

    >>I had this problem too. Found no solution so slung it away.

    > Yep - I think i'll have to go back to the 2xDECT solution. I'll keep
    > mine in case I add another voip adapter. I guess it will strap two voip
    > lines together OK.
    >
    > Do Draytek/Zoom/Linkys voip routers/ata behave properly with the pstn
    > line when voip is busy?
    >
    > Stuart

    I don't think my combine-a-line makes the other line busy when i am on
    one line.... How have you got yours connected?

    I have phone in the auto port, and the two lines in one RJ11 plug in the
    2 line socket

    Sean, Nov 30, 2005
  6. Guest

    Sean wrote:

    > I don't think my combine-a-line makes the other line busy when i am on
    > one line.... How have you got yours connected?

    Combine-a-line is a different device. Obviously the one I should have
    ordered. Doh!

    Stuart

    , Dec 1, 2005
  7. David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Sean writes

    >I don't think my combine-a-line makes the other line busy when i am on
    >one line.... How have you got yours connected?
    >
    >I have phone in the auto port, and the two lines in one RJ11 plug in
    >the 2 line socket

    Do I understand this correctly; that you have 2 phone lines on ONE plug?

    If so can you distinguish which line to use for outgoing calls?

    There are sockets for Line 1 and Line 2 on the combine-a-line, so surely
    one line on each

    David

    David Floyd, Dec 10, 2005
  8. chrisredding

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    similar problems

    Hi,

    I've just received my ILS1002B...

    Having problems!

    I can make PSTN calls OK, but whenever I call over VoIP (my default 'line1') it causes my broadband router to disconnect. Which ends the call!

    Nightmare.

    Anyone got any ideas?

    Thanks

    Chris

    Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
    chrisredding, Oct 6, 2006
  9. chinamarco

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    maybe u are can try the Infineon Solution of 2 line gateway

    MG-8020 VoIP Gateway
    MG-8020 is a kind of voice communication terminal which is based on wide band and independent of PC (personal computer).
    Voice Features
    Support SIP RFC3261
    Support IAX2
    Codec:G.711A/u, G.7231 high/low, G.729
    Echo cancellation:Support G.168
    Support Voice Gain Setting, Jitter Buffer, VAD, CNG
    NAT transverse:support STUN client, Citron, AVS
    SIP support SIP domain, SIP authentication (none, basic, MD5), DNS name of server, Peer to Peer
    SIP support pubic/Private server. Can connect to Public ISP and Private SIP server at the same time
    SIP support dual public server
    DTMF:Support SIP info, DTMF Relay, RFC2833
    SIP application: support Call forward/transfer/holding/waiting
    Call control features: Flexible dial map, support Hotline, Empty calling No. reject service, Black list for reject authenticated call, No disturb, Caller ID
    Support T.38 Fax
    Network Features
    WAN/LAN: Support Bridge and Router model
    Support basic NAT and NAPT
    Support PPPoE for xDSL
    Support DHCP Client on WAN
    Support DHCP Server on LAN
    Support DNS Relay, SNTP Client, Firewall
    Network tools in telnet server: Including ping, race route, telnet client
    Maintenance and Management
    Support Boot Monitor
    Can upgrade firmware through boot monitor
    Can config through Web, keypad, Telnet
    Can upgrade firmware and configuration file through HTTP, FTP, TFTP
    Support Syslog

    chinamarco, Oct 17, 2006