    get at the OK button.

    Lucky I has a old spare 17" monitor around.

    Even Acronis does a netbook version of there backup software.

    Frank Williams, Jul 29, 2011

  2. Frank Williams

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    , Frank Williams says...

    > Unless you have a separate Monitor you just cant set your Home page in
    > IE9 as the Apply and OK buttons you just cant get at, I also had the
    > same problem trying to register the Netbook with HP, same problem cant
    > get at the OK button.
    >
    > Lucky I has a old spare 17" monitor around.
    >

    > Even Acronis does a netbook version of there backup software.

    You need to either go to Specsavers or give it to a 'kid' that doesn't
    require glasses.

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Jul 29, 2011

  3. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    On 30/07/11 00:51, Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article<>,
    > , Frank Williams says...
    >>
    >> Unless you have a separate Monitor you just cant set your Home page in
    >> IE9 as the Apply and OK buttons you just cant get at, I also had the
    >> same problem trying to register the Netbook with HP, same problem cant
    >> get at the OK button.
    >>
    >> Lucky I has a old spare 17" monitor around.
    >>

    >> Even Acronis does a netbook version of there backup software.

    > You need to either go to Specsavers or give it to a 'kid' that doesn't
    > require glasses.

    Indeed. Though it is a badly written application if its modal windows
    don't fit on the screen properly even at low res.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

    Enkidu, Jul 30, 2011
  4. Frank Williams

    Richard Guest

    On 7/30/2011 12:51 AM, Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article<>,
    > , Frank Williams says...
    >>
    >> Unless you have a separate Monitor you just cant set your Home page in
    >> IE9 as the Apply and OK buttons you just cant get at, I also had the
    >> same problem trying to register the Netbook with HP, same problem cant
    >> get at the OK button.
    >>
    >> Lucky I has a old spare 17" monitor around.
    >>

    >> Even Acronis does a netbook version of there backup software.

    > You need to either go to Specsavers or give it to a 'kid' that doesn't
    > require glasses.

    The problem is the stupidly low resolution of the panels - less than 768
    px high - many are only 1024x600px - so that is the same as grotty old
    1993's 800x600 but a little wider.

    Cant blame app vendors if you run on something with a lower resolution
    than specified. Can blame microsoft since they are to blame for these
    stupid low resolutions inorder to get the cheaper windows license.

    Richard, Jul 30, 2011
  5. On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 00:51:28 +1200, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >, Frank Williams says...
    >>
    >> Unless you have a separate Monitor you just cant set your Home page in
    >> IE9 as the Apply and OK buttons you just cant get at, I also had the
    >> same problem trying to register the Netbook with HP, same problem cant
    >> get at the OK button.
    >>
    >> Lucky I has a old spare 17" monitor around.
    >>

    >> Even Acronis does a netbook version of there backup software.

    >You need to either go to Specsavers or give it to a 'kid' that doesn't
    >require glasses.

    What a Totally Stupid Reply.

    THE INTEM IS LARGER THAN THE 10" SCREEN, SO HOW WILL GLASSES FIX THAT ?

    Frank Williams, Jul 30, 2011
  6. Frank Williams

    Malcolm Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 14:10:03 +1200
    Frank Williams <> wrote:

    > >> Unless you have a separate Monitor you just cant set your Home
    > >> page in IE9 as the Apply and OK buttons you just cant get at, I
    > >> also had the same problem trying to register the Netbook with HP,
    > >> same problem cant get at the OK button.

    Hi
    If you hold the ctrl key, then select with the mouse (left-click) can't
    you move the window to see the buttons?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.4 (i586) Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.5-default

    Malcolm, Jul 30, 2011
  7. Frank Williams

    Gib Bogle Guest

    On 30/07/2011 2:10 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 00:51:28 +1200, Dave Doe<> wrote:
    >
    >> In article<>,
    >> , Frank Williams says...
    >>>
    >>> Unless you have a separate Monitor you just cant set your Home page in
    >>> IE9 as the Apply and OK buttons you just cant get at, I also had the
    >>> same problem trying to register the Netbook with HP, same problem cant
    >>> get at the OK button.
    >>>
    >>> Lucky I has a old spare 17" monitor around.
    >>>

    >>> Even Acronis does a netbook version of there backup software.

    >> You need to either go to Specsavers or give it to a 'kid' that doesn't
    >> require glasses.

    > What a Totally Stupid Reply.
    >
    > THE INTEM IS LARGER THAN THE 10" SCREEN, SO HOW WILL GLASSES FIX THAT ?

    I think it's an issue of resolution (pixels) rather than size (inches).

    Gib Bogle, Jul 30, 2011
  8. On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 21:13:38 -0500, Malcolm
    <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >If you hold the ctrl key, then select with the mouse (left-click) can't
    >you move the window to see the buttons?

    Does not work, it seems that this is a Big problem with 10" laptops from
    my Google searches. there are some software tools you can use or just
    use the Ctrl/Alt > key to rotate the screen.

    Frank Williams, Jul 30, 2011
  9. Frank Williams

    Malcolm Guest

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 10:50:42 +1200
    Frank Williams <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 21:13:38 -0500, Malcolm
    > <> wrote:

    > >Hi
    > >If you hold the ctrl key, then select with the mouse (left-click)
    > >can't you move the window to see the buttons?

    > Does not work, it seems that this is a Big problem with 10" laptops
    > from my Google searches. there are some software tools you can use or
    > just use the Ctrl/Alt > key to rotate the screen.

    Hi
    Isn't there a Alt + Fn key you can press to move the window
    then? I don't have windows, but the above option works, else alt+F7
    allows the moving of windows to get to those pesky buttons.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.5-desktop

    Malcolm, Jul 31, 2011
  10. On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 14:16:15 -0500, Malcolm
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 10:50:42 +1200
    >Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 21:13:38 -0500, Malcolm
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >Hi
    >> >If you hold the ctrl key, then select with the mouse (left-click)
    >> >can't you move the window to see the buttons?

    >> Does not work, it seems that this is a Big problem with 10" laptops
    >> from my Google searches. there are some software tools you can use or
    >> just use the Ctrl/Alt > key to rotate the screen.

    >Hi
    >Isn't there a Alt + Fn key you can press to move the window
    >then? I don't have windows, but the above option works, else alt+F7
    >allows the moving of windows to get to those pesky buttons.

    Not from all the Google searches..

    Frank Williams, Aug 1, 2011
  11. Frank Williams

    Malcolm Guest

    On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 15:30:50 +1200
    Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > >Hi
    > >Isn't there a Alt + Fn key you can press to move the window
    > >then? I don't have windows, but the above option works, else alt+F7
    > >allows the moving of windows to get to those pesky buttons.

    > Not from all the Google searches..

    Hi
    Can you assign the move function?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237179

    Malcolm, Aug 1, 2011
  12. On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 22:47:32 -0500, Malcolm
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 15:30:50 +1200
    >Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >> >Hi
    >> >Isn't there a Alt + Fn key you can press to move the window
    >> >then? I don't have windows, but the above option works, else alt+F7
    >> >allows the moving of windows to get to those pesky buttons.

    >> Not from all the Google searches..

    >Hi
    >Can you assign the move function?
    >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237179

    From my Searches NO..

    You can move the IE9 Option Widow down but not up.

    I ended up using the screen rotate keys as found on the net.

    The other Big problem you cant run Skype Video, even though the bench
    mark performance is faster than my P4 3.2 CPU..

    Frank Williams, Aug 2, 2011