    Ever since I updated my Dell with XP computer to the service pack 2 I have
    problems with blue screen errors. Can I somehow go back to service pack 1
    which it originally had? I can't seem to do this via the windows site.

    Tara Legale, Apr 28, 2007

  2. Tara Legale

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Tara Legale" <> wrote in message
    news:36NYh.7528$...
    > Ever since I updated my Dell with XP computer to the service pack 2 I have
    > problems with blue screen errors. Can I somehow go back to service pack 1
    > which it originally had? I can't seem to do this via the windows site.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=How to uninstall a Windows Service Pack&btnG=Google Search

    I would advise against not removing the SP, because of security fixes and
    other important fixes being applied to the O/S, and find out why some things
    are abending. I suspect whatever problems you're having are fixable without
    removing the SP.

    Mr. Arnold, Apr 28, 2007

  3. Tara Legale

    Brian Guest

    There were some issues wiht the SP upgrade, check the MS knowledgebase for
    your issue and for removal of SP2. I would recoommend reinstalling if you do
    remove it for the same reason stated already...updates

    Brian, May 12, 2007
  4. Tara Legale

    Kyote Guest

    On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:18:23 GMT, "Tara Legale"
    <> wrote:

    >Ever since I updated my Dell with XP computer to the service pack 2 I have
    >problems with blue screen errors. Can I somehow go back to service pack 1
    >which it originally had? I can't seem to do this via the windows site.

    Alternatively, you can also try going to the dell web site and look
    for windows xp driver updates for your dell model.

    Dell and a lot of other name brand computer manufacturers use
    proprietary drivers. Which can mean that a general update from
    Microsoft could fix some problems, but cause others. The most likely,
    or easiest, fix, is to do as I mentioned above and go to Dell's site
    and get their updates.

    If that doesn't fix the problem and you cannot seem to track down and
    fix the errors. Then you could also try doing a clean install of
    Windows XP and then installing it's SP2 on that fresh installation. I
    have to agree with the others and say you really should keep SP2
    installed on your computer. The security updates and patches it
    applies are pretty pervasive.

    I hope this helps.
    ---
    Kyote