Problems w/Microsoft Outlook

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mr. Smiley, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. Mr. Smiley

    Mr. Smiley Guest

    paulandjudy wrote:
    > Thought I had gotten LoveSan/Msblaster.exe, but turns out I don't. I
    > can't seem to stay on-line when I'm on Microsoft Outlook, my email
    > program. I can download my new mail, but when I try to reply to a
    > message, or create and send a new message, I keep getting booted
    > offline, and have to get on again! It's driving me batty! Pls. help
    > me if you can & thx

    Sounds like you need to uncheck "hang up after sending messages" in options.

    --
    the abominable toner

    http://www.hal-pc.org/~toner27/

    paulandjudy, Aug 22, 2003

  3. "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > paulandjudy said:
    >
    > > Thought I had gotten LoveSan/Msblaster.exe, but turns out I don't.
    > > I can't seem to stay on-line when I'm on Microsoft Outlook, my
    > > email program. I can download my new mail, but when I try to
    > > reply to a message, or create and send a new message, I keep
    > > getting booted offline, and have to get on again! It's driving me
    > > batty! Pls. help me if you can & thx

    > In OE (outlook Express) go to
    > Tools> Options> Connections tab
    > and Uncheck 'Hangup after sending and
    > receiving'.
    > Then click on Apply.

    The OP just said Microsoft Outlook. Not sure if he/she meant OE. If not
    then it is Tools>Options>Mail Setup tab. "Hangup after Sending..." should
    be at or near the bottom :)

    Sentient Fluid, Aug 22, 2003
  4. Mr. Smiley

    Mr. Smiley Guest

    Sentient Fluid wrote:
    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> paulandjudy said:
    >>
    >>> Thought I had gotten LoveSan/Msblaster.exe, but turns out I don't.
    >>> I can't seem to stay on-line when I'm on Microsoft Outlook, my
    >>> email program. I can download my new mail, but when I try to
    >>> reply to a message, or create and send a new message, I keep
    >>> getting booted offline, and have to get on again! It's driving me
    >>> batty! Pls. help me if you can & thx

    >> In OE (outlook Express) go to
    >> Tools> Options> Connections tab
    >> and Uncheck 'Hangup after sending and
    >> receiving'.
    >> Then click on Apply.

    > The OP just said Microsoft Outlook. Not sure if he/she meant OE. If
    > not then it is Tools>Options>Mail Setup tab. "Hangup after
    > Sending..." should be at or near the bottom :)

    sorry, i typed OE, meant OL

    --
    the abominable toner

    http://www.hal-pc.org/~toner27/