    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks and regards,

    Mike Smith

    Mike Smith, Nov 30, 2005

  2. Mike Smith

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 30 Nov 2005 10:03:06 -0800, "Mike Smith" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >I can't seem to get CNN.com video clips to work on my computer.
    >
    >I can't figure out what exactly is wrong as I have the major players
    >such as Windows media player, Real , Quicktime and others installed on
    >the computer and have no problems playing video clips at MSNBC.com and
    >BBCNews.com.
    >
    >Is there any particular piece of software that I need to install ?
    >There are no instructions at the CNN.com website.
    >
    >Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks and regards,

    And what operating system do you have?

    What web browser are you using? What version? Any error message?

    Evan Platt, Nov 30, 2005

  3. Mike Smith

    Alt-Ctrl-Del Guest

    "Mike Smith" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I can't seem to get CNN.com video clips to work on my computer.
    >
    > I can't figure out what exactly is wrong as I have the major players
    > such as Windows media player, Real , Quicktime and others installed on
    > the computer and have no problems playing video clips at MSNBC.com and
    > BBCNews.com.
    >
    > Is there any particular piece of software that I need to install ?
    > There are no instructions at the CNN.com website.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks and regards,
    >
    > Mike Smith

    Mike, if you are a Republican, CNN will not allow you to use their video
    clips. They don't like the idea of people they don't like using things
    that belong to them. They are shitty that way for some reason.

    Register as a Democrat and they will work fine for you. If you are a
    Democrat and it still doesn't work then I can't help you, it may be
    something else.

    Alt.

    Alt-Ctrl-Del, Nov 30, 2005
  4. Mike Smith

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    Mike Smith <> wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I can't seem to get CNN.com video clips to work on my computer.
    >
    > I can't figure out what exactly is wrong as I have the major players
    > such as Windows media player, Real , Quicktime and others installed on
    > the computer and have no problems playing video clips at MSNBC.com and
    > BBCNews.com.
    >
    > Is there any particular piece of software that I need to install ?
    > There are no instructions at the CNN.com website.

    CNN recently changed something about their video clips -- they now dump
    in advertising at the beginning, and it takes a very long time for the
    things to load.

    I encourage everyone to complain to them. Dumping video advertising
    into these tiny clips is inexcusable.

    Mitch, Nov 30, 2005