Problems using MS VPN after installing AT&T VPN

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Nuno, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. Nuno

    Nuno Guest

    Hi,

    I'm having a real problem with AT&T VPN and Microsoft VPN software
    running on the same machine (not at the same time). Here's how it goes,
    I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

    1. I use Microsoft's VPN client to connect to our Office. No problems
    here.
    2. I use also AT&T's VPN client to connect to a customer's network. No
    problems here.

    BUT

    After I install AT&T software on my machine, I can't connect to my
    office VPN anymore, the client hangs on the "Verifying user name and
    password" window. If I uninstall AT&T, I can connect again.

    I did think of installing/uninstalling as needed, but it's not a real
    solution because each time it requires a reboot.

    So, what have I tried up to now:
    Installing the VPN client adds two things to my network connection
    properties (in the "This connection uses the following items" box):
    - AT&T VPN Client
    - AT&T WiFi support (or something like that, it's currently in a
    "uninstalled cycle", so I can't check it)

    I edited the MS VPN connection and unchecked those items from the "This
    connection uses the following items box", but nothing changes.

    I also re-created the MS VPN connection with AT&T already installed on
    my machine, but the results are the same.

    BTW: OS is Windows XP SP2 (latest updates), AT&T software is 6.5.
    something (updated it this morning, but I was having the problems
    already with version 6.3)

    TIA,
    Nuno
    Nuno, Feb 2, 2006

  2. Nuno

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Nuno <> wrote in message
    <>...

    > Hi,.

    Hey. You're not allowed to stand in line here twice.

    > I'm having a real problem with AT&T VPN and Microsoft VPN software
    > running on the same machine (not at the same time).

    You have spyware.

    > Here's how it goes, I would really appreciate if someone could help
    > me.

    It's all connected.

    > 1.

    1?

    > I use Microsoft's VPN client to connect to our Office.

    Why do you use microsoft's vpn client to connect to your office, Nuno?

    > No problems here.

    No. Insurance, arsehole.

    > 2.

    2?

    > I use also AT&T's VPN client to connect to a customer's network.

    Why the **** do you use also at&t's vpn client to connect to a
    customer's network?

    > No problems here.

    No, that's not true. You're still alive.

    > BUT.

    But why?

    > After I install AT&T software on my machine, I can't connect to my
    > office VPN anymore, the client hangs on the "Verifying user name and
    > password" window.

    I agree, in my judgement, you cannot connect to your office vpn anymore.

    > If I uninstall AT&T, I can connect again.

    Your signature separator is NOT Usenet Compliant!

    > I did think of installing/uninstalling as needed, but it's not a real
    > solution because each time it requires a reboot.

    Why do you feed the troll?

    > So, what have I tried up to now: Installing the VPN client adds two
    > things to my network connection properties (in the "This connection
    > uses the following items" box): - AT&T VPN Client - AT&T WiFi support
    > (or something like that, it's currently in a "uninstalled cycle", so I
    > can't check it).

    I agree, in my judgement, you cannot check it).

    > I edited the MS VPN connection and unchecked those items from the
    > "This connection uses the following items box", but nothing changes.

    Nothing much.

    > I also re-created the MS VPN connection with AT&T already installed on
    > my machine, but the results are the same.

    You don't have to.

    > BTW: OS is Windows XP SP2 (latest updates), AT&T software is 6.

    I know nothing about computers, I'm afraid.

    > 5.

    5?

    > something (updated it this morning, but I was having the problems
    > already with version 6.

    Why were you having the problems already with version 6?

    > 3).

    3?

    > TIA, Nuno.

    Get fucked in advance.

    --
    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Feb 2, 2006

  3. Nuno

    Nuno Guest

    Well, thanks for that. At least I could laugh for a while ;-)
    Nuno, Feb 2, 2006
  4. Nuno

    Nuno Guest

    Just in case someone else runs into this problem and <sarcasm>can't
    find the answer from the messages above</sarcasm> here's the solution:

    AT&T ships a Firewall with the VPN client, you have to turn it off. It
    must be installed, but does not need to be active for the AT&T client
    to work.

    Just run Program Files -> AT&T Global Network Client -> Firewall
    Settings and select OFF.

    Nuno
    Nuno, Feb 2, 2006