    Administrator and do a clean boot, but get the same result. Any suggestions
    for troubleshooting steps?

    Thanks!
    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXJF?=, Jan 31, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXJF?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    What is "clean boot" - Safe mode?

    --PA

    Pavel A., Feb 1, 2005

  3. By clean boot, I mean turning off most (not including Microsoft system
    start-up programs) boot options as listed under MSCONFIG.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXJF?=, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Ok. Then boot in Safe mode (press F8 while XP boots) and then try Device
    Manager again.

    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Feb 1, 2005
  5. Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, but no luck. Someone from MS asked
    for a specific section of my registry. Hopefully he's got some ideas...

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXJF?=, Feb 1, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXJF?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    Strange. I've seen this behavior only on win2000. In XP it had been fixed...

    Pavel A., Feb 2, 2005