Problems Sipgate.

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 15, 2006.

  1. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 15, 2006

  2. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    wrote in message
    news:FwpEg.3964$
    > For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up
    > as busy when dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work
    > fine, my other non-0121 numbers I've tested are working
    > fine.

    Yes getting the same with my 0121 number, but my other numbers are fine.
    Does this indicate a Sipgate-specific problem though or is it Magrathea..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 15, 2006

  3. Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    > wrote in message
    >> For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up
    >> as busy when dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work
    >> fine, my other non-0121 numbers I've tested are working
    >> fine.

    > Yes getting the same with my 0121 number, but my other numbers are
    > fine. Does this indicate a Sipgate-specific problem though or is it
    > Magrathea..?
    > Ivor

    Right, it appears a Magrathea problem, as both my OrbTalk and VoIP talk
    0121 numbers are also down.

    Sorry Sipgate!!

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 16, 2006
  4. Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    >> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    >> wrote in message
    >>> For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up
    >>> as busy when dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work
    >>> fine, my other non-0121 numbers I've tested are working
    >>> fine.

    >> Yes getting the same with my 0121 number, but my other numbers are
    >> fine. Does this indicate a Sipgate-specific problem though or is it
    >> Magrathea..?
    >> Ivor

    > Right, it appears a Magrathea problem, as both my OrbTalk and VoIP
    > talk 0121 numbers are also down.
    >
    > Sorry Sipgate!!

    I'm tired, I'd messed up, both OrbTalk and VoIpTalk are working, Sipgate
    is still down.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 16, 2006
  5. Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up as busy when
    > dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work fine, my other non-0121
    > numbers I've tested are working fine.

    Still have the problem :-(
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 16, 2006
  6. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    paul123 Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > > For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up as busy when
    > > dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work fine, my other non-0121
    > > numbers I've tested are working fine.

    > Still have the problem :-(

    My Sipgate 0207 number isn't working either. Dialling the Sipgate
    number from voipstunt, it rings (as a caller), but it ain't coming into
    Asterisk.
    paul123, Aug 16, 2006
  7. Thus spaketh paul123:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >> Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    >>> For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up as busy when
    >>> dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work fine, my other non-0121
    >>> numbers I've tested are working fine.

    >> Still have the problem :-(

    > My Sipgate 0207 number isn't working either. Dialling the Sipgate
    > number from voipstunt, it rings (as a caller), but it ain't coming
    > into Asterisk.

    Strange, my London 020 Sipgate number is fine (at the moment).
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 16, 2006
  8. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 16, 2006
  9. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    wrote in message
    > Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > > For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up
    > > as busy when dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP
    > > work fine, my other non-0121 numbers I've tested are
    > > working fine.

    > Have received an email that the problem has been fixed,
    > and it has.

    Did they say what the problem was..? I also reported it but not had a
    reply yet.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 16, 2006
  10. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    > wrote in message
    > > Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > > > For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming
    > > > up as busy when dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to
    > > > SIP work fine, my other non-0121 numbers I've tested
    > > > are working fine.

    > > Have received an email that the problem has been fixed,
    > > and it has.

    > Did they say what the problem was..? I also reported it
    > but not had a reply yet.

    Oops spoke too soon just had a reply, apparently there was a gateway
    problem that only affected old numbers, i.e. those that were the first to
    be issued when Sipgate started, which my 0121 number was. These have now
    been rerouted to a new gateway and all is functioning normally again :)

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 16, 2006
  11. Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    >> wrote in message
    >>> Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    >>>

    >>> Have received an email that the problem has been fixed,
    >>> and it has.

    >> Did they say what the problem was..? I also reported it
    >> but not had a reply yet.

    > Oops spoke too soon just had a reply, apparently there was a gateway
    > problem that only affected old numbers, i.e. those that were the
    > first to be issued when Sipgate started, which my 0121 number was.
    > These have now been rerouted to a new gateway and all is functioning
    > normally again :)
    > Ivor

    Yes, the was pretty much along those lines, my 0121 numbers where some
    of the first issued, this is why I don't really want to change
    providers, as at the time I got my numbers you were able to choose them,
    so I have (to me) a very good number.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 16, 2006
  12. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    wrote in message
    > Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:

    [snip]

    > > Oops spoke too soon just had a reply, apparently there
    > > was a gateway problem that only affected old numbers,
    > > i.e. those that were the first to be issued when
    > > Sipgate started, which my 0121 number was. These have
    > > now been rerouted to a new gateway and all is
    > > functioning normally again :)

    > Yes, the was pretty much along those lines, my 0121
    > numbers where some of the first issued, this is why I
    > don't really want to change providers, as at the time I
    > got my numbers you were able to choose them, so I have
    > (to me) a very good number.

    Same here. You can still choose them, it's just a more fiddly process..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 16, 2006
  13. Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    > wrote in message
    >> Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:

    > [snip]
    >
    >>> Oops spoke too soon just had a reply, apparently there
    >>> was a gateway problem that only affected old numbers,
    >>> i.e. those that were the first to be issued when
    >>> Sipgate started, which my 0121 number was. These have
    >>> now been rerouted to a new gateway and all is
    >>> functioning normally again :)

    >> Yes, the was pretty much along those lines, my 0121
    >> numbers where some of the first issued, this is why I
    >> don't really want to change providers, as at the time I
    >> got my numbers you were able to choose them, so I have
    >> (to me) a very good number.

    > Same here. You can still choose them, it's just a more fiddly
    > process..!
    > Ivor

    Yes, the way I found was going back and forth between 2 areas, unless
    you know a slightly better way?

    --
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 17, 2006