    drive is connected now.

    Any suggestions?

    , Aug 25, 2007

  2. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > However, the cd drive on his laptop quit working about a year ago so
    > to solve the problem, I took the hard drive out of his laptop, and put

    A bad IDE drive in a PC can mess up any install or repair. Your OS is
    trying to access a drive that may be connected but not reponding.
    Replace the CDrom drive for best results in the future.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 25, 2007

  3. OrCiscoNovice

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2007
    Messages:
    16
    There is another issue you are going to face if you continue to do it this way. When you put the new windows OS laptop hdd back into the laptop it is going to see it as new hardware and have to basically redo most of the installation. This is because when you installed the OS on your desktop the OS pulled its information from the desktop and not the laptop.

    I would suggest putting the laptop's HDD back into the laptop and using an external cd-rom to reinstall the OS.

    OrCiscoNovice, Aug 25, 2007